Author Topic: Losing weight- gyne looks worse?  (Read 10322 times)

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Since the beginning of the year I took it upon myself to knock out most all alcohol, soda, sugary teas, etc- and replace it with only water.
Before I drank no water just those other drinks, and now I drink about 4-6 16.9oz bottles of water a day.
Since doing this (nothing else really yet) I've lost about 8-10lbs and slowly counting.

I feel like my gyne is either getting worse, or becoming more pronounced, but I don't know which.
Since discovering Tagamet can make gynecomastia worse (or potentially cause it) I've stopped taking it all together.

The main thing is the nipple. They look much more pointy and I don't know if you'd call them puffy nipples or not. But they either look different, or I discovered an angle of viewing them I've never seen. Either way- is it possible they will get worse before getting better- or will they only get worse?

I also suffer from the skinny fat issue. Legs and arms, neck and face all thin. Stomach, love handles, moobs, lower back, and arm pits have some floppy fat...

I'm 5'11"ish and weigh around 165.

Any tips? Suggestions? Encouragement? Was hoping to avoid surgery but at this point I'm not so sure it will happen. =\
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 05:38:42 PM by hatemymoobs »

Offline TheAshamedOne

Well actually replacing all those drinks with water is really a good start, but a good thing for your body and metabolism (Since you have a "Thin fat issue") is to reduce the percentage of fat in your body and develop your muscles. Since you have Gyne, building your chest muscles directly under your adipose tissues and real gyne tissues will just push your chest even further, so be careful with that. I am not sure about this but I think that it is true in some cases that when you burn fat, your chest becomes more revelant which is not always comfortable to live with. So remember, this "Skinny fat issue" is really bad for your body, it will only bring you fatigue and push you further to failure.

- 5'11" and 165 Pounds should equal an average BMI of 23.

- So really, if you really want to suceed, you can. As for your Gyne, I think that surgery is not avoidable, removing those extra tissues really needs a procedure which requires a surgical intervention. So until you have enough money for your surgery, I wish you good luck and good courage ! It's not because you have gyne that it is the end of the world and you are really not alone ! I am in the same boat as you ! If you have that feeling that brings you down to attack on food, do not give up to those temptations, be strong and independant !

:)

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
It is great to come on here and realize I'm not alone. However being at a pool, 9/10 times- I'm alone there.

I keep reading different things about how I can lose weight. Some things say reduce calories, reduce workouts. Others reduce calories workout more. Others eat small portions several times a day.

It's also hard that my wife buys cookies for her and our son. After 9pm or so- I have absolutely no will or discipline. During the day I'll pick one up- look at it, shake my head and put it back. At night though- it's all over and I have little control.

I have the money for surgery right now, there are just other things I want to do first. First would be obviously be examined and properly diagnosed with gyne, or see if the dr(s) can tell if it's just fat, or if their is glandular tissue. Then see if we can find out what caused it. Medications? Hormone imbalance? If it's something like that, then see if it can be reversed by fixing that problem. If not- then start talking about surgery.
I'm concerned about the scars, that's 75% of it.

I keep putting off going to the doctor. Meanwhile I'm becoming more depressed about it, and it's effecting my life.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
At 5'11 and 165, you are certainly not overweight.  Thus, your weight has NOTHING at all to do with your gynecomastia.  You could weigh 120 and you would still have gyne because of what's under your nipples.  It cannot go away, no matter how much weight you lose.  Because it's not related to weight, it's related to the tissue that's under each breast.  

Your plan is a good one.  Talk to your doctor, get your diagnosis, make sure nothing else is wrong that could be causing it.  In all probability, there won't be.  You will then be ready to begin your search for a board certified plastic surgeon who has a wealth of experience at correcting gynecomastia.  Interview 2 or 3 of them and pick the one you have the most confidence in.  Also, choose the one who best shows you loads of before/after pics of former patients.  They should have them, so choose the one who does the best work, based on the pics, because that's what YOU are going to look like, too, in all likelihood. 

As far as your fear of scarring, that is a reasonable fear and it's a very common one (probably the MOST common one).  You want to look good; everyone does!  All I can tell you is that if you've done your doctor research carefully, then in all probability, you'll get the results you want.  The scarring from the usual lipo and excision is perfectly acceptable to most guys following their surgery.  So have confidence and look forward to living a new life!

Good luck with it all!

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Thanks man. I appreciate your feedback.

I'm doing a lot of research and learning the pros and cons to lipo. Kind of scary about a article I just came across...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024