Author Topic: FREEDOM - Thanks to Dr. Karidis 26/2/9 ( THREE WEEK photos added)  (Read 13218 times)

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Re: FREEDOM - Thanks to Dr. Karidis 26/2/9 ( THREE WEEK photos added)
Well three weeks seem to have flown by, a lot of the bruising has now disappeared and still using my compression vest at nights as there is a little swelling by the evening.

Been massaging twice daily as advised by Dr. Karidis, it stimulates the collagen under the skin, which helps with the healing process. I find a good soapy lather and doing this is in the shower feels the easiest. Also doing the Bio Oil massage after the shower, in case this puts any benefits in thro the skin.

Since I've posted pre / post op photos, thought I'd give you an update at nearly weeks, these were taken yesterday.

and incase I feel down in any way, then I just look back at this  ;D ;D ;D

So am I happy with the result ?

;D YOU BET I AM  ;D

Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Looks great Jock!

What a difference 3 weeks and an appointment with Dr K makes..... Brilliant  ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:17:26 AM by enuff »
Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

Banobo

Worth every penny mate, fantastic results. After how many weeks did you start massaging?

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Unbelievable results!!!

There doesnt seem to be any scars, tissue excessive bruising etc...

You seem to have recovered quickly which is fantastic.

Like I said before if I get any thing near your result I would be happy.
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Worth every penny mate, fantastic results. After how many weeks did you start massaging?

The doc reckoned after 2 to 3 weeks, but there is differing views on here whether to do it or not, or just let mother nature take it's time. But if I have paid money for something, then I'm sure I'll follow my docs advice.

Hope - there was a fair bit of bruising on the right side if you look back at the previous photos. But it all vanished in the last few days - 7th April is getting close now  ;)

GynO_DuDe

Fantastic results ... considering you had a more severe case of gyne (like me) Karidis managed to remove everything in one go!! sorted.

Im going back for revision in the next few months to remove more from my underarms because weight loss/muscle building aint gotten rid of the fatty tissue their :( but then again, Levick did tell me that he'd do it in two stages instead of removing TOOO much the first time round.

Offline kingboob

Fantastic results ... considering you had a more severe case of gyne (like me) Karidis managed to remove everything in one go!! sorted.

Im going back for revision in the next few months to remove more from my underarms because weight loss/muscle building aint gotten rid of the fatty tissue their :( but then again, Levick did tell me that he'd do it in two stages instead of removing TOOO much the first time round.

Yeah, I had a big case too........ Mr Levick did mine in 2 stages as well...... but then again he doesn't charge for the revision anyway.

I'm hoping to go back and get my nipple area reduced as well, because it was pretty stretched from weight gain / gyne and now it looks a bit too big on a flat chest.

GynO_DuDe

Yeah, I had a big case too........ Mr Levick did mine in 2 stages as well...... but then again he doesn't charge for the revision anyway.

I'm hoping to go back and get my nipple area reduced as well, because it was pretty stretched from weight gain / gyne and now it looks a bit too big on a flat chest.

Fair play ... and yeah its good that revision is inclusive in the one off payment made, theirs no way in the world i'd be able to afford the operation anytime again, just paying four grand the first time was a mission and a half especially for a student like myself.

And yeah, I suppose us guys that suffer from it worser than others have the disadvantage of going through the daunting process more than once :( ... to be honest though i'd rather have it done this way then any other, i'd be in the same position as originally having boobs if I was left with a concave chest knowing that it can NEVER be rectified.

Offline kingboob

Fair play ... and yeah its good that revision is inclusive in the one off payment made, theirs no way in the world i'd be able to afford the operation anytime again, just paying four grand the first time was a mission and a half especially for a student like myself.

And yeah, I suppose us guys that suffer from it worser than others have the disadvantage of going through the daunting process more than once :( ... to be honest though i'd rather have it done this way then any other, i'd be in the same position as originally having boobs if I was left with a concave chest knowing that it can NEVER be rectified.

Yeah, it is pretty daunting........ I mean I had (I think) 5 ops with Mr Levick last year, maybe it was 6..... anyway, I trust the guy & hospital staff 110%, but each operation is more nerve wrenching than the previous one because you know exactly what to expect.

The Gyne surgery isn't really painfull at all, but  tummy tucks & skin excision etc are in a different league pain wise

After all the stuff I already had done a touch up to my nipples / chest is like a walk in the park.   :D :D

Banobo

Jock Quote] The doc reckoned after 2 to 3 weeks, but there is differing views on here whether to do it or not, or just let mother nature take it's time. But if I have paid money for something, then I'm sure I'll follow my docs advice.

I'm seeing my surgeon this week so i'll ask him mate, he never said so far so i'm guessing it's a little early. Things are really taking shape for me now and feel like i could get back to normal routine but i have a  hardish bit under my skin about an inch away from my nipple and hoping it's just scar tissue and not gland that's not been removed. Is it possible to form scar tissue in places other than where they cut through the skin? ie can it form anywhere in the chest area where they have been working on? Your input would be great guys.

Offline kingboob

I think the scar tissue can form anywhere to be honest.....the whole chest area gets disturbed and swelling distorts the results over the short term.

I wouldn't worry too soon because things really do change over time.

Banobo

Thanks mate, I know I shouldn't make a fuss this early but i guess it's only natural. Overall the way it is, is a huge improvement to how it was before so I'm a happy chap. just hope if there was to be something remaining down the line, my surgeon would be willing to do revision. I didn't go for one of the more popular surgeons that deal with this situation cause I only found this site after I was booked for surgery but I have faith.

until I found this site I didn't realise how widespread gynaecomstia is.

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Was down for my follow up appointment with Dr. Karidis today (8 weeks) he was happy that he had solved my problem, I have just a bit of swelling on the RH side, so he squeezed my nipple and asked if that was sore  :'(

When he pulled me off the ceiling he said that confirmed if there is pain then it was just swelling.

Said I could pop in again and see him after the summer, but if I am still over the moon, then I told him it would be doubtful if I would be making the trek south.

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
This op changes your life, I just packed my case for the holidays and the swimming trunks were the first thing I put in.

Delighted !       ;D

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Well it's just over 6 months since I had the op, and things are still looking pretty good  ;D

It took a while for the swelling on the R side to go down, noticeable to me but not a problem wearing shirts, but it is certainly improving day by day and almost gone. I still get a soapy lather and massage the area for a minute in the shower each day, and so far never noticed any scar tissue.

If you are trying to pluck up the courage, then pick up the phone and call Dr. Karidis - it will change your life.

I will post more photos after my first year of freedom  :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024