Author Topic: Finally Taking the Plunge  (Read 10471 times)

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Well, I did it. I now have a surgery date set for 1/16. I got my money through Care Credit and as soon as I get my hard copy I am going to get all my bloodwork done and get prepared. I am extremely nervous as well as excited to get this over and done with. I hope I will be healed enough to go to the beach in May or June and finally be happy with myself. I am ready to be able to wear fitted T-shirts again! I would like to keep everyone update on my progress but am a little unsure about what part of the forum to put a "journal" as such in...

Anyways, heres some pre-op pics so me and everyone else can say their last goodbyes!

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
congrats on getting things lined up for surgery like you want!

look forward to seeing the afters

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Well I am back. It has been about 6 hours since surgery. No real pain yet, but I am sure that will wear off. Everything went very smoothly. The worst part about it all was waking up after surgery, I felt like crap for quite a long time.

I arrived for surgery at about 11:45 a.m. and after signing in was asked to come back into the prep room. There I had pre-op pics taken and put on my gown. The anaesthesioligist came in and talked to me for a while about how he would anaesthesize me. We got to talking about the weather, it was hailing outside. After that Dr. Hedden came in and drew on me and walked me through the procedure one more time. Then the anaesthesiologist came back in and gave me some injections and set me on the IV drip. I walked into the surgery room and lay on the table. He then added the anaesthesia to my IV drip and before I could wink at the nurse I was out. I woke up at who knows what time, (I think it was around 2:30), wearing my compression vest. I dressed myself and sat there for about another hour or so until I was able to stand on my own power. I came directly home and took a nap too sleep off the anaesthesia, and here I am!

I can tell I have some amount of bruising already and that this vest is going to get on my nerves...but I have done it!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 09:47:25 PM by slyblackdragon »

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Good for you man! Keep us posted. I'd love to hear some details if you're comfortable (I'm also thinking about surgery) - Doctor, price...etc... good luck!
Cost was $3700 dollars and was done by Dr. Hedden of Birmingham, AL.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
Your case was almost identical to mine.  I didn't even need lipo because my DR noticed that I didn't really have any fat on my chest.  Just some muscle and gland. 

First few days suck, but give it a week and you'll feel great.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Well I am about to go for my first day post-op visit, I assume to have my bandages removed. A little sore today but nothing extreme. I don't even need my painkillers, but I do take them before bed. I will post again when I get back from the doctor.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 09:46:04 PM by slyblackdragon »

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Not sure how many times I need to go back. Dr. Hedden seems to want to see me quite often as I have another follow up next week. I really like that though, he seems to genuinely care about how well I am healing.

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
Not sure how many times I need to go back. Dr. Hedden seems to want to see me quite often as I have another follow up next week. I really like that though, he seems to genuinely care about how well I am healing.

Yup within 3 weeks  had 2 follow ups, and it's great that the doc would actually like to see my progress rather than just shun me away.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
How long ago did you have your operation? I am 2 days post op with a little swelling. If I tap my chest around there surgical site I can hear a hollow "knock", I assume that is the swelling. Right now I have no definition to my chest, feels like he removed my pecs...lol. I guess the swelling just obstructs what is really there. Only have one or two small bruises as well. Also, I can't get over how small the incisions are. They are only about 1/2 inch long, which had me worried until he assured me that he excised about a silver dollars worth of gland from each side. Do you have a link to your story by the way?

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
No story for me, I'm going to hold out on that, I'm only 10 days post op.  I'm going to wait a month or so to write my story and get the pics from my doc (hopefully I'll remember in a month)

I had some pain in the ass swelling first few days.  I still have some, but it's not so bad.  I was very impressed with my doc's work on my nips, they look perfect, even a few days post op.  I barely had any fat, so the gland was the only problem I had. 

My doc took out about 2 ping pong ball sized glands, he said it was a decent amount, but he def didn't take out to much which makes me very happy.

Def feels good to be on the other side, with good results.

Offline slyblackdragon

• Silver Member
Yeah, I am waiting patiently to see how mine resolves. Just took a peek and the swelling has gone down some more already. Nips are a little better, mostly loose at the moment. I hope they tighten up with time. If I can't get back to the gym soon it will be the first time my belly sticks out farther than my chest  ;D, but that I can deal with!

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
  • There is life after Gynecomastia
good luck, bro. I wish you the best! let me know when you make it to the beach. I live in gaveston. maybe some day we can laugh about gyne while we sip on some brews as we watch the hot bodies walk along the seawall! lmao  8)
Here's my doc's web page: drmoliver.com

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member
Well I am back. It has been about 6 hours since surgery. No real pain yet, but I am sure that will wear off. Everything went very smoothly. The worst part about it all was waking up after surgery, I felt like crap for quite a long time.

I arrived for surgery at about 11:45 a.m. and after signing in was asked to come back into the prep room. There I had pre-op pics taken and put on my gown. The anaesthesioligist came in and talked to me for a while about how he would anaesthesize me. We got to talking about the weather, it was hailing outside. After that Dr. Hedden came in and drew on me and walked me through the procedure one more time. Then the anaesthesiologist came back in and gave me some injections and set me on the IV drip. I walked into the surgery room and lay on the table. He then added the anaesthesia to my IV drip and before I could wink at the nurse I was out. I woke up at who knows what time, (I think it was around 2:30), wearing my compression vest. I dressed myself and sat there for about another hour or so until I was able to stand on my own power. I came directly home and took a nap too sleep off the anaesthesia, and here I am!

I can tell I have some amount of bruising already and that this vest is going to get on my nerves...but I have done it!

the vest sux, but wear it!

wasn't it weird when he drew on your moobswith a marker lol

Offline Jahshua

• Posting Member

Yup within 3 weeks  had 2 follow ups, and it's great that the doc would actually like to see my progress rather than just shun me away.

yes, I agree. my doc wants to see me  a lot too. it does cause me to feel like he really cares about more than just getting my money!

http://drmoliver.com/StatInt/StatInt.htm

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024