Author Topic: I'm freaking out guys. 5 days post op  (Read 2031 times)

Offline gynonightmare1

• Posting Member
Today I am 5 days post op and had my compression bandages and such removed.  I am freaking out because when I lift my arms or flex my chest lightly I can notice a depression.  The area is definitely bruised  and swollen and the doc says that once that subsides the chest will be normal but I am skeptical about that.  I feel nice curvature in my upper chest and then it starts to just feel flat/ dented and then more noticeable when I make movements.  What do you guys think? I really hope this goes away. I know it is so early to be worrying at 5 days post op but I don't understand how a dent and depression can go away??? Please Doctors let me know your opinions, and anyone else's honest opinion for that matter. Here are some pics .  Thank you for your time in advance.

hammer

No pics, but not needed!

You're worried way to soon! This was surgery, you didn't just fall out of bed or but into a door, it will take MONTHS, yes MONTHS to heal. During that time you will go through many changes including, but not not limited to, swelling and scare tissue.

Now is time time for you just to have patients, lots of patients.

Good luck!

Offline gynonightmare1

• Posting Member
i tried posting one at a time but keeps saying the file is too large.

hammer- have you or anyone you know experienced slight dents when the muscle is flex/arms lifted soon after surgery and they went away?

I am just terrified that these depressions and dents wont go away. I wouldnt consider myself a body builder but i definitely lift and seeing those indentations whenever i flex my chest muscles would drive me nuts.

the only thing giving me hope is the fact that it is 1. so soon after operation and 2. there is still swelling and bruising and the chest will even out as it goes down.....i dont know...i'll try to get pics up

Offline gynonightmare1

• Posting Member
i just want to clarify that i would not consider these "dents" to be huge or anything, but definitely noticeable to me.  it is not completely flat compared to the rest of my chest.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First, it is much, much too early to be freaking out.  You have a lot of healing to go and what you are seeing is in no way what you will look like 6 months or more from now. Also, understand that even a normal chest will change when the arms are lifted straight up.

Best is to chill and allow Mother Nature to heal.  There is absolutely nothing that you or your surgeon can or should do at this time.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

hammer

See even the doc agrees with me that it's much to soon to worry! I know this from the 7 or 8 surgeries I've had and he does this for a living lol.

If you want to post pictures you need to go to settings in your camera and change "photo size" to the lowest settings. 4:3 or JPEG (JPG) or some may even say email setting.

Bob

Offline gynonightmare1

• Posting Member
i think i figured out how to post them so i ll do it one at a time. please let me know what you think. thanks guys.

hammer

I go back to what both the doc and I said, give it time!

Dr. Jacobs also made another good point about even the normal chest changing when the arms are held up!

Offline gynonightmare1

• Posting Member
im having trouble getting these pics up.. but when im flexing the muscle it just goes in........ i guess time is the only answer

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024