Author Topic: Thoughts on pre-op photos? Should I do it? [Updated]  (Read 6376 times)

Offline newuser8

• Posting Member
Please see end of thread for updated pictures!! A lot of gland was surprisingly removed.

I finally went in and got a consultation and was quoted $7,300 (phx, AZ) for everything to do bilateral gynecomastia surgery with "Removal Sal and/or Excision", which I was told will be removal of gland plus lipo to contour.
Here are 4 clears pictures of my chest:

http://imgur.com/a/0LqE2

This is about as thin as I've been lately since I've been going through recovery from a separate incident. What bothers me the most are the puffy nipples, but they don't appear to be as puffy in this picture probably due the coldness of the room.

The Dr felt my chest and immediately noticed the firmness of the gland. I used to think it was muscle, but it's a mixture of both. My left side has always been larger than my right for some reason and I wonder if it was due from the gyno or not..hmmm.

What do you all think? Should I do it?
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 01:57:09 AM by newuser8 »

rrr

You should not rely on any other person's opinion when it comes to surgery. Surgery of any kind  carries certain risks.
Yes, you have gyno. What you should do about it is your choice and yours alone. The amount you have looks like it would be mostly unnoticeable under a normal shirt.
B and his $0.02

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, you do have gyne.  And if you are not happy with it, then go for it!

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The decision is yours alone to make.  The opinions of others should not influence you. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline FH

You have a very little amount of gynecomastia bro. But if you're uncomfortable with it. Just go for it. Also i advice you to visit few other surgeons.      as the amount you said it very high compared to mine 

Offline Tonyp1

• Posting Member
OI'm Your gynocamastia probably looks like pecs with a shirt on, and looks a lot like Pecs with your shirt off.  If it's having a negative effect on your life, go for it.  Just pick the right Doctor.  I didn't...  A little after a year later I'm still very unhappy with my results. 

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
We have very similar looking gyne, and I'm also indecisive.
Let us know what you decide to do, and keep us updated.

Offline lindtraxx

• Posting Member
Hi!
That looks very similar to what i had , i did surgery 4 days ago , I have had gyno since i was about 13-14 years old and im 30 now.

Offline CJC85

• Bronze Member
From someone who had a physique like yours I would. Not have surgery, honestly no one but you would think that is anything but pecs. If I could go back in time I would,  I now have craters, creasing and scars, 

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
From someone who had a physique like yours I would. Not have surgery, honestly no one but you would think that is anything but pecs. If I could go back in time I would,  I now have craters, creasing and scars,

Who did you go with? How long post-op are you?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Gynecomastia, no matter how mild or severe the case, can potentially be a problem for any man,, causing embarrassment in social, shirtless settings like the beach, gym, etc.  It's a shame to see how many men on this forum describe a bad result from their surgery, even surgery for mild cases.  Care needs to be taken to avoid complications like cratering, etc.  That's why so many surgeons who post on this forum stress the importance of finding a plastic surgeon who does a lot of gyne surgery.  Sure, there is always a potential need for revision or touch-up surgery with any operation, but if you start with an experienced surgeon who cautiously excises breast tissue and contours the chest with liposuction, the risk of a bad outcome should be very small.
Dr. Pope, MD 
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I could not concur more with Dr. Pope.  There are no "easy" gyne cases -- each type, from minimal to extreme, has its own set of difficulties.  In fact, after having done thousands of gyne procedures, I find that each one is different and has its own challenges.

That is why finding a doctor with sufficient expertise is so critical.  Once the surgery is done and if it is not up to snuff, then additional surgery (at additional cost) must be considered -- and secondary surgery is always more difficult and less predictable than primary surgery.  Gyne surgery is elective -- it can be done at your discretion.  Take your time, research carefully, look in your area for an experienced surgeon and if there is no one who is suitable, then consider traveling for such expertise.  The absolute best chance to get it right is the first operation.  Anything after that is simply trying to play "catch up."

Dr Jacobs

Offline newuser8

• Posting Member
Update:
I have the surgery booked for May 18th 2017 for a complete cost of $4600. I got a second opinion from a different doc and I won't be doing lipo. I don't think there really is much fat to remove anyways. My primary goal is to reduce puffiness and the secondary is to minimize the size of the areola. 

I'll post pictures after surgery. The only thing I'm worried about is the time required before I could do weight lifting again and general sports. I'm hoping that since my case is somewhat minor that 2-3 weeks should be max.

Offline SmokeyNYY

• Bronze Member
Good luck! 
I paid 12,000$ for mine but it was worth every penny and came out amazing. Also severe case.

Offline newuser8

• Posting Member
I actually moved my surgery to June 8 2017 (yesterday). Here are my 24 hour post-op pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/D1gl4

Please note that I got excision ONLY on both sides. My pre-op pictures were from a year ago. I've been working out since then so I'm around 15 lbs bigger from my first few photos. I'm 6'3" @ 201 lbs

I was amazed as to how much gland came out. The procedure took 1 hour and 50 minutes under local anesthesia. It was originally planned for 1 hour, but the doc apparently had a lot of trouble with the right-hand side. He wasn't able to free the gland from the muscle tissue that easily.

I woke up during the procedure a few times when the cauterizing tool was being used, which hurt like hell. The doc was also fighting with the nurses at least once when I was awake for it which was disturbing.

There isn't much bruising and I feel totally fine. The breasts feel tight to the touch after I remove the compression vest. I REALLY hope that I can go back to the gym after 3/4 weeks, but time will tell.

The only thing I am worried about is my left-hand nipple. It is barely visible and super flat.

Also, please don't mind the white stuff coming out from the right nipple - it was the foam padding that was stuck to the glue.

Thoughts?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024