Author Topic: a good excuse  (Read 3118 times)

Offline pe175

• Silver Member
I'm just curious what you guys think is a good excuse to tell everyone if you have to get surgery.

I've been seriously considering it for a while, but that means I'd have to take 2 days off work and people will want to know why.

I workout in the gym a lot, so I was thinking about saying that I did some serious damage to my chest while working out and they had to operate.

Is this excuse valid?  Would they even operate for a torn chest muscle?

I just don't want to tell people "Yeah i'm taking off work to get my b*tch t*ts fixed"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 09:27:06 AM by pe175 »

Offline Daveo

• Silver Member
  • Surgery with Dr. Bermant January 28, 2005
food poisoning is a good excuse for missing two days, then if you have to explain the compression vest or something i'd say i tore a muscle and the doctor told you to wear it or something

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
You don't have to tell any one anything. Its your business. If you really feel that way though, you should just say you injured your shoulder, or back working out and you are taking time off from it.

$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
My favorite is saying that you got a cracked rib from playing football. Hopefully that explains the vest. I agree that it's no ones business.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
One of the best I have read here was the guy who said he had a non-malignant growth removed.

That is a true answer even if not a complete one.  

The advantage of telling the truth right out is that you do not need to worry about possibly contradicting yourself later.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Spleen

Just say "minor surgery".  Don't offer to elaborate.  

Offline Percy

• Posting Member
I tried the "growth removed" trick and it sort of worked.  Although I have been questioned; so you must have a big scar, why where you cut both sides, did you see it, why are you at work soo soon.  I wasn't prepared for all the questions, but generally they know I had an operation in my chest, and don't ask too much.  Looking back I still don't have a better excuse.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
My Grandma used to say that there are two kinds of people:  The ones who don't deserve an explanation and the ones who don't ask for an explanation.

It's Personal,  should be sufficient.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024