Author Topic: Re: Nervous  (Read 6197 times)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
a natural reaction.  it'll scare the cr*p out of you, but it can be done.  

see my suggestion, post # 7, in detail in the thread on the general board, at
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1157492967
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
spinemitten....

Discussing Gynecomastia with your parents could be a very difficult/stressful thing to do. I didn't tell my Mom and Dad about my surgery. I wanted to, but just didn't have the balls to do it.  :-/

You are 19 dude. You are an adult and you have the right to your privacy. Nobody except your Doc and us here need know about your surgery plans. Ones privacy should be something to be respected.  ;)

However... if you are living in the same household as your Mom and Dad, then there is little chance of you keeping this from them.

John.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:32:21 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Agreed with you guys:

I am 36 yrs old, married and have son almost 3 yrs. old. And my parents lives with me. Still I was not able to tell them about my surgery.

I book a date for my surgery while they are away on vacation for 6 weeks (retire life). Yes, it is really a embressing situation to discuss the issue with others but after my surgery (2 days now) what I learn is, why should not you talk? Explain them. Show them this website and your feeling, your depressions about Gyne and take their support. I think that's the best possible way.

Same way I convinced my wife. Told her my internal feeling for not wearing a T-Shirts, Not enjoying beach in summer while others can, even not entering in the pool in camping, not playing golf and so many others things. And she felt right about my step and stay with me for all along.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 12:00:33 PM by tata3401 »
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024