Author Topic: A few questions about Gnye  (Read 3287 times)

Offline helio

• Posting Member
I'm now 21 so I've basically accepted I'm going to have this for a long time several years ago but I have a few questions.

I don't feel any hard bumps or anything like people say they feel behind it. It basically just feels like a boob lol, like a chics boob.

It's not real huge but it's definately noticable with pufftastic nips.

Is there ANYTHING i can do besides surgery??? Like pills, testosterone.. ANYTHING!?

I just really don't want to have to go through that. I have a tendancy to wake up during surgery.

When I had my wisdom teeth removed I woke up in the middle to my lip being torn open from the mechanism that was holding my mouth open. It ripped my lip from the lower left corner to the inside of my lower left jaw down by my molars. It SUCKED ASS. Luckily there is no scarring on the outside of my cheek. Just the corner of my lip and a huge ass scar running across the inside of my mouth.

But anyways I f*ing hate surgery. So please, help!

Offline helio

• Posting Member
Sorry for the brutally worded post. I'm having one of those sit and home and think "Why me?" frustrated crying angry at god nights some of you may have experienced.  :-/

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Sorry, but there are no magic pills that remove Gynecomastia.

You will find, however,  that there are a number of useless potions sold for that purpose. They do not work.

You specifically mentioned Testosterone. The body reacts to an excess of Testosterone in two ways: The testes are shut down to reduce the production of Testosterone and the surplus is converted into Estrogens. The net effect is just exactly the opposite of what you are wanting.

I would say that the man who medicates himself knows two fools. One is his Doctor and the other is his patient.

As in the case of self medicating with Testosterone (above) Attempting to treat the problem yourself could make things much worse.

At the age of 69, I accepted my situation a while back as well.

Even at the age of 21, there could be some slight shrinkage still but it would likely take several years. The only way to get rid of Gynecomasstia is surgery.  My personal opinion is that surgery is a mixed blessing. In the case of men with significant breast enlargement, it is truly a godsend. For a number of men with barely noticed breast enlargement, I think it is a waste of money.
Grandpa Dan

Offline helio

• Posting Member
That is sadly what I had assumed :\

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
  • Daddy has nubbies just like mommy!
Paw,

If you were in your 20's-30's now and had the knowledge that you do about gyne.  Would you have surgery?

I think that having surgery is a huge deal and souldnt be taken lightly.  Myself having gone through 2  (original and revision ), I feel that it was worth the pain and cost to be rid of the gyne. Although I tryed for along time to just accept it there was somthing that just wouldnt let me.

It is hard for the young guys (14-17 ), but it seems like it would really be wise for them to wait a few years before having surgery.

Suffered For 20 years, 36 years old
Had 1st Surgery October 2005
Had Revision August 18, 2006
Looking Good So Far

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
Paw,
I have to disagree with you. Myself I am rather skinny and have gyne. Being skinny and even having a little bit of gyne makes it very noticeable because of the disproportion to the rest of my body.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Paw,
I have to disagree with you. Myself I am rather skinny and have gyne. Being skinny and even having a little bit of gyne makes it very noticeable because of the disproportion to the rest of my body.

I'm trying to figure out where Paw said anything about being skinny = not noticeable. ???
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline charley3

• Posting Member
don't feel any hard bumps or anything like people say they feel behind it. It basically just feels like a boob lol, like a chics boob.

Chicks boobs have bigg bumps behind

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My personal opinion is that surgery is a mixed blessing. In the case of men with significant breast enlargement, it is truly a godsend. For a number of men with barely noticed breast enlargement, I think it is a waste of money.

Grandpa Dan....

The guy with 'barely noticeable breast enlagement' suffers just the same as the guy with 'significant breast enlargement'.

No matter what the severity, the psychological pain is the same....

John.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:04:00 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
My point exactly. I know Paw didn't say anything about gyne and being skinny Mr Nip. I was implying that a person that has gyne and is skinny may have a mild case, but it may be more noticeable then a person with a medium to severe case and is also obese. (still has the same mental effect on each person)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:43:51 AM by needhelpnow »

Offline Mr_Nip

Paw,

OK, Now I get it.  

Mine are noticeable from a long distance.  Recently at the beach I was out by the pool and a guy in a big truck leaned out the window and shouted "Whoa, look at that guy's breasts!" as they passed.   :-[

He really didn't use the words "Whoa" or "breasts", by the way.

I'll bet some of you would never experience something like that because they're not noticeable except for close proximity.  That doesn't mean you don't feel embarrassed in locker rooms, noticed by girls, etc.  

It's all relative and has a terrible effect on the mental well-being of the sufferer no matter the degree.  

« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:56:38 AM by Mr_Nip »

Offline Mr_Nip

Forgot to say this:

On a skinny guy a little bit of gyne can indeed be more noticeable.  
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 08:08:02 AM by Mr_Nip »

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
Forgot to say this:

On a skinny guy a little bit of gyne can indeed be more noticeable.  

8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline Hypo-is-here

Grandpa Dan....

The guy with 'barely noticeable breast enlagement' suffers just the same as the guy with 'significant breast enlargement'.

No matter what the severity, the psychological pain is the same....

John.

I know where you are coming from but I don't actually believe this is true as long as the individual has a remotely balanced psycohological outlook.

Why?

Because if gynecomastia is minor it can be hidden behind certain shirts that hang the right way, by large shirts perhaps or maybe via fleece tops or tight undershirts etc.  

Even for a man who is quite badly affected psychologically by gynecomastia- if it is minor there can be significant restpite and a hiding place in certain clothing.

For those with significant gynecomastia there is no hiding place, no respite and that to my mind usually adds to a far greater psychological impact.

People who have very minor gynecomastia who show the same level of psychological trauma have a degree of BDD and it is the BDD and the misconception that is the greater issue.

Don't get me wrong I am not someone who wishes to compare individual pain or compare war wounds, I just believe that we can be far too PC here and not state the reality of the matter.  

To say everything is the same irrespective of significance is just not true no matter what condition, disease etc no matter how well meaning.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 03:31:08 PM by Hypo-is-here »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024