Author Topic: Finally had the surgery  (Read 2177 times)

Offline betterchestnow

• Posting Member
Had the surgery two days ago. It is too soon to comment on results (though everything seems OK), but I thought I would post some immediate thoughts:
1- I'm glad I did it. Even if the result is not 100% perfect, I am so happy my breasts are gone that I could jump for joy. I wonder if I will now look a little "unnaturally flat". I can't believe how much smaller my nipples look. But I don't care if it looks a little flatter than natural because I will still look awesome in a shirt and no longer have boobs which is not masculine. (Forgive me for speaking so frankly here. I have suffered from this embarrassing problem for decades.)
2- The surgeon excised a LOT of gland tissue. I originally contacted surgeons who only wanted to do lipo to remove the fat. I am positive this would not have given me the result I wanted. I would recommend being cautious of any surgeon who only wants to do liposuction for fat. A lot of what I had was breast tissue/gland and, from my understanding, liposuction alone would not get that.
3- I am a little sore, but honestly, this procedure was not very painful. Being embarrassed to wear a shirt without a undershirt + jacket was much more psychologically painful. I wish I had gotten this done 10 years ago.
Good luck to all here -- my thought is that life is short, just save up and get the surgery. You will never miss having male breasts. I am actually in shock about what it feels like to have a flat chest. I think I was in denial about how big my breasts were to protect myself psychologically.
The final straw for me was when I was having an intimate moment with a new woman I met and she commented that my breasts were bigger than hers. That made me feel so bad that I realized it was time to just have the surgery already. I have been teased about my breasts since I was a teenager and I finally had enough. I finally feel like a man.
I am thankful to all the surgeons out there doing this surgery. I believe this will change the entire course of my life when it comes to self confidence and mental health. I couldn't continue living with a body that I hated. Thanks to plastic surgery, I can have the body I always wanted.

My thanks to all of you who have shared your stories. I feel your pain and want everyone to realize that you are not alone suffering with this problem. I wish you all the best.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Inspiring story.  Wish you the best in your healing process.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline betterchestnow

• Posting Member
Thank you, Dr. Jacobs. This forum is a great place for information and encouragement.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024