Author Topic: About a week after surgery QUESTIONS  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Atomic6

• Posting Member
Hey guys just a few questions for those who have already had the surgery.

1)How did you feel about a week later? Did you feel like you could go out and have a few drinks?
2)Was it easy to hide it? I dont want it to look like I had any surgery..how hard was it to conceal the compression garmet?
3)How long was it until you could go shirtless?

Thanks guys I really appreciate it

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Hey, I am 3.5 weeks post-op with Bermant:

1.  A week after surgery I was definitely able to go out, but you probably won't feel like it.  You're still sore and the vest will be annoying. 

2. The stage 1 is bulky, but with a t-shirt and jacket, you won't be able to see it.  You definitely need a jacket though, so when it starts to get warmer, it will be weird for you.

3. I could probably go shirtless now and no one would probably say anything.  I still have a little bit of bruising, but you can hardly tell at this point.  My nipples are a little weird still, especially around the incision line, but the I've been using this Mederma scar gel on it and it's working wonders.  You have to look pretty closely now to see anything.  On the other hand, my left chest is still tender, so that's been annoying. 

I think that you will have varying responses by surgeon though.  The good ones will probably allow a faster recovery time, and well, you've probably see the work of the others.  If you haven't picked a surgeon yet, you should make sure you go with the ones that do this as a specialty, no matter where the location and no matter what the cost.  You can always make more money!!!  Can't get a new body if the one you have gets messed up. 

Offline Atomic6

• Posting Member
thanks for the input...anyone else? theres gotta be more

Offline gambit10

• Posting Member
I am exactly one week post op today. I completely rested the three days following surgery then started my normal routine on the fourth day minus working out. I am still a little sore and the vest is annoying but not noticable at all. If I felt like going out I could but I am sort of stuck in the post surgery blues. I am sure I will feel better soon.

Offline Saitek

• Posting Member
I'm also exactly 1 week post Today ... feeling better for sure.  Still have bandaids on the chest and my vest on.  It's not so noticable under a shirt, but I'd stick to a bigger shirt/hoody if I were to go out.

I probably could go out, but don't feel like it.  Still a little sore when stretching hands above head and stuff ... plus, you get really lazy when you've been sitting around all week!

Offline Atomic6

• Posting Member
Awesome thanks for the answers guys..

One more thing, did you have to tell anyone you had surgery and if so, what did you tell them?

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
post surgery blues? what is this? How long does it last?

Offline sws

• Posting Member
Hey I'm Day 27 Post op and all is well

I started going out around day 3 and was totally fine.  If you are anywhere crowded make sure you keep your elbows up and ready to move anyone away.  Getting a shoulder in the chest that early would not be fun. 

The vest is a bit annoying but nothing you can't deal with.  Ive been keeping any chest activities to a minimum but still up with hiking and such.  No sense in hurrying it too much. 

Seriously it's not that big of an inconvenience and the end result is soooo worth the pain

Good luck man

Offline Atomic6

• Posting Member
thanks for the reply sws, hopefully i can have a recovery as good as yours sounds

Offline Ushta

• Posting Member
1) I'm in 17 days from surgery, I went out and drank the next day of surgery and about 5 times since then.
2) It was easy to hide no one noticed anything even when I was with a tshirt
3) I don't know about that I'm gonna take the vest off this Wednesday

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024