Author Topic: Surgery tommorow with Karidis  (Read 5598 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
i think they get all the day cases in at 7am cellar, i was in at 7 and went down at 9:15

Its quick enough, but yeah youd be wise rebooking. Do you know what day your surgery will fall on, traffic in london is insane on the weekdays! Id schedule your flight back at 7pm+ gives you time to have something to eat and drink aswell at the airport

Not sure if youve been for your consult yet, but get the bloodtest on the day of the consultation i nearly went grey getting my results to them it isnt worth the bloody worry!

Gl

Cheers man, that's very helpful. I'll schedule it for after 7pm. The surgery is on a tuesday, I'll be getting the tube/underground to the airport.

If only I'd gotten the blood test on the consult..... I mentioned it to the secretary at the beginning, but in the confusion of trying to get payment sorted (their computer-thing didn't like my card) we sort of forgot, and it was after 5.30 pm so maybe it was too late.

Anyway, what hassle did you have getting the results to them?? I was thinking of just throwing it in a envelope to them.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline thetodd

forget sending them in the post, send them via fax! post is way to slow they never even got mine via post had to get them faxed

How did your consult go cellar, is he gonna do any lipo or just excision?

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
forget sending them in the post, send them via fax! post is way to slow they never even got mine via post had to get them faxed

How did your consult go cellar, is he gonna do any lipo or just excision?

Hey man, great results, I saw your other thread.
The consult went great. I suppose mine is a minor case - just "the puffs", i.e. glandular tissue under each nipple. So it will be lipo and excision; he does lipo for every case, as far as I know.
I'm not too sure where I could get my hands on a fax machine - maybe one of those Internet Cafe places would have one...?

One last thing: my surgery is less than 2 weeks away and I have not received a letter in the post from them telling me what blood tests I need to get done. Does it take long for these blood tests to come back? I assume I just ask my GP about it?

Sorry about all the questions.

Offline thetodd

Phone Karidis office straight away on monday and ask about the blood tests, they prob think your going to come back up to London if you havent told them otherwise

id tell them to tell you what results you need over the phone, write them down. And get booked into the doctors asap and get them faxed over

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Phone Karidis office straight away on monday and ask about the blood tests, they prob think your going to come back up to London if you havent told them otherwise

id tell them to tell you what results you need over the phone, write them down. And get booked into the doctors asap and get them faxed over

Will do. I fired them off an email and they responded, but DIDN'T SAY WHAT BLOOD TEST I NEED!
Argh!

Someone else on the forums here said the test was for:

Full Blood Count
Coag (Blood clotting test)
Urea and Electrolytes

Can you confirm this, by any chance??

EDIT: Ironically, the poster was you! Chancer76.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:25:24 AM by Cellar_Door »

Offline thetodd

yeah there the ones mate, email them back and get a fax number

and fax them over when you get them

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
yeah there the ones mate, email them back and get a fax number

and fax them over when you get them

You've been really helpful. You probably saved me an ASSLOAD of hassle, when I copped on in a few days that I should really get the ball rolling and it'd too late.

They emailed me back saying

"please go to any private hospital/clinic and have full blood count, they will give you the results then you can fax them to us or bring them in on the day you come in."

So, not too bad... funny how they didn't ask for anything else! I told them I would be under a lot of pressure to get the results on time, and I had already booked my flights, and so maybe they took that into consideration.

Offline thetodd

Its amazing that they haven't chased you up about the blood tests!

Some places will only give the results to a medical professional. So make sure you give them karidis's fax number and your gp's details just incase. My blood clinic wouldnt give me the results and karidis's "coordinators" did very little to help me apart from "dont worry", not really the words i want to hear when ive just gave them my life savings!

You'll get it sorted though now, just make sure theyve got all of the contact details. Glad i could help u

they never received my results in the post, neither did my GP. So make sure they get faxed :)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024