Author Topic: 1 month and 1 week after surgey  (Read 2768 times)

Offline steveo40

• Posting Member
Just an update, its been a month since my procedure. Been hittting the gym hard again and feel good. Yes I have had all the routine concerns scar tissue under the nipples, some swelling but on a satisfaction scale of 1 to 10 Im at an 8 right now. I saw my PS yesterday he said it looks great so far, He said he is 100% certin I would flatten out alot more in the weeks to come. He has me coming for the next 3 weeks for some type of massage theropy to the surgy area "endosomething-or-other" he called it.  He said it like being rubbed with a vibrating rolling pin, his thoughts is its helpful in dealing with the scar tissue He also said there is no extra charge its part of the procudure I havent seen this topic spoken about here, but I guess different surgeons have differenet methods all in all Im as happy as can be.

Offline steveo40

• Posting Member
Dr steven Greenberg in woodbury newyork. I had to have lypo and glandular removal. He comented on there was a "LARGE AMOUNT OF BREST TISSUE REMOVED" I have the same build as you but had a worst case of gyne

Offline steveo40

• Posting Member
RANDY,

No I wasn't scared I was so psychologically prepared I wasn't nervous  at all, I was anxious to get it overwith.  I am 40 and have been preparing myself for this for 25 years . The only thing I will tell you as when I was sitting in the office in my sterile gown with My I.V waiting for The Dr to come put me under, I felt very relived that this was finally being put behind me. I was flashing back to my childhood remembering being teased in GYM class and being made fun in school . Not to sound like a fag but I started to get a little  choked up,  maybe it was overjoyed who knows. As far as getting yourself ready, Just relax yourself Go have some beers with some friend go walk the dog see a movie and don't think about it just live life as you would normally.  let the day come on its own with out any fear. There is going to be some pain and discomfort but not intolerable anyone who tells you different is full of shit. There will be bruising and swelling . I had lypo and glandular removal there will be tape across the bottom of your nipples if you have glandular, don't screw with the tape (you may be tempted) let it fall of on its own if you pull it off you may rip your stitches. I had drains that they took out withen 24 hours of my surgery some people must Ware them for a week depending on the discharge,  they completely suck, but it is what it is and you must deal with it they sucked when they pulled them out . The compression shirt sucks mine came down to the lower part of my rib cage, I dont know who designs these god damn things but it would have been a problem if it went down to your waist like a teeshirt, 2 days after the surgery I was wearing a tee shirt under my compression vest and 4 days later when I felt comfortable enough I began to wear Under armor shirts under the compression vest it made it a lot more comfortable. You will get through it just stop worrying and remember you are doing this for the greater good of your self esteem  and physical appearance The pain of living with gyne far outways any pain for a few days         Good luck friend

Offline steveo40

• Posting Member
Going under is no problem You dont even know its happening its 1 2 3 first your there getting ready they slip you the juice and then your waking up You dont even know when you fell asleep . when you wake up you may feel cold and very thirsty it will pass as you fight to wake up. Th drugs linger in your system for a few hours after the surgey you may feel a little crappy but it will go away and you feel a lot better after you eat something I went in for my procedure at 7;00am and was walking out of there by 11:15am stop amping yourself up and relaxe everything is going to be ok. Keep me posted as your day in the sun comes

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024