Author Topic: Anyone unsure of Twilight Sedation or Local Alone.......READ THIS!  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Coffee

• Posting Member
So its 6:00 pm on Thursday Night and I had surgery this morning at 10 am. It was local alone with just some gland excision and some scar reduction. I had surgery 10 months ago but was unhappy with the results. The surgeon did Lipo alone with a microexcisional tool. My chest looked better but it wasnt as flat as I was hoping for. There was still some puffiness around the nipple and thats why I chose for revision surgery with a completely different surgeon. Here are my experiences:

First surgery: Lipo alone under Twilight Sedation. The experience was having an IV put into my arm, drifting off to sleep, and waking up in recovery. I had no pain when I awoke, no pain the rest of the day, and no pain that night. The next day and for a couple days thereafter, I had soreness equivalent to doing 500 pushups. It is true what everyone else says. THERE IS NO PAIN. Just discomfort from the damn compression garment or ace bandages.

Second surgery: Excision of remaining gland, nipple reduction, and scar-tissue reduction under local. Surgeon gave me 5 mg of Valium. I started laughing by the time I was in the operating room. Surgeon gives you a couple small needles penetrating the skin. As the needles enter the skin, you feel a pinch. Surgeon waits a couple minutes and comes back to put in a couple longer needles. No pain or discomfort from that. He waits another ten minutes and begins the  surgery. You feel a little pressure where the area is numb. Unless you listen to your IPOD or Mp3, you will here everything. The snipping of the scissors and in my case, I was joking around with the surgeon as he did his thing.I would recommend both. No problem

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
Thank for the input, I have issues with anxiety and hate the idea of going totally under. I've heard that with IV sedation they can also give you a lighter dose, so you're somewhere in the middle of the two you described.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024