Author Topic: Will Cannabis use effect my General Anesthesia  (Read 2949 times)

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
I haven't smoked since last week and my surgery is next week.  Will this effect me?  I stopped smoking after my pre-op appt.  But is 2 weeks enough?  I know when I go to the dentist, I usually need more Novocaine.  But I did smoke that day or the night before.  Just reading about it and now I am getting nervous.  I hope my surgery doesn't get cancelled.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
If I were you I'd stop just to make sure. Funny but there's no information, other than anecdotal, on the net about this. ???

I know that most doctors want you to stop smoking (cigarettes) two weeks before any kind of surgery, so I would use that as a guide.

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
If I were you I'd stop just to make sure. Funny but there's no information, other than anecdotal, on the net about this. ???

I know that most doctors want you to stop smoking (cigarettes) two weeks before any kind of surgery, so I would use that as a guide.

Yeah, I am not smoking the cannabis at all and I feel great.  I don't plan to start after either.  It will help me keep the weight off since I like to eat after I smoke.  But I know THC stays in your system for a while.  Just seeing what effects if any with GA?

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Hopefully everything will go smoothly. Maybe someone else can chime in who's actually smoked before going under.

I agree with the eating, though! I amaze myself at how much I can eat after taking a few hits off a bong. ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024