Author Topic: Recurring Gyno - 4th surgery  (Read 6626 times)

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member
Hey all, just joined the site! I am headed for my 4th surgery in a couple months. I had it when I was 22, then a revision a year later, then another surgery when I was 27. I am now 31 and the gyn is back again. Does anyone have any advice to stop this recurrence?

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member
Hormones tested and testost was low normal range. Went on  androgel to get level to high normal range. Estrogen level is normal. Gyn was coming back long before androgel. 

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member
Also very fit guy. Moderate alcohol consumption, once a week or so. Good diet. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Alcohol. What do you call moderate?   If your occasional use it to the point of toxicity, it could be a problem. 
Alcohol is toxic to the testes and to the liver.  We all have some oestrogen, and the liver gets rid of it. Alcohol is also toxic to the Testes, It can temporarily reduce the normal output of Testosterone. 
So alcohol toxicity could interrupt both functions and leave a person, temporarily, oestrogen dominant. 
We usually see this problem in people who drink a lot on a regular basis, but binge drinkers can also feel the effects of this. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member
Good to know thanks for the reply. I mean moderate as in casual drinks once a week, occasionally turning into something more or what you might refer to as toxicity. I'll keep that in mind. I'm pretty fed up with having to 

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member
Having to do these surgeries. Something is not right for it to come back 3 times after initial diagnosis. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It does not sound like you are a binge drinker, but it is well to keep that in mind.  If you are working with an endocrinologist, then you are doing all I would know to do and more. 
I cannot recall hearing from anyone who had this number of operations.  I am from another generation when surgery was not a good option, by the time modern surgical methods were coming into being, I was about 50 years old and had other priorities so like most older men, I have not had surgery. 

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member
I am not working with an endocrinologist as my family doc says it will take 2 years to get in(Canada). So I am only working with my family doc on managing hormone levels.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Ouch!  Sorry to hear that you cannot get in to see an Endocrinologist.  I'm in the US and on my Medical Insurance, I can self refer and have an appointment in days. 

giggsy

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member
Yes just trying to figure out how to upload them from my phone. It's telling me the pics are too large files and I don't see an option to reduce the file size.

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member
Had my surgery last week with dr Perron in Calgary. Firstly let me say this guy is incredible in terms of talent and bedside manner. The nurses are also top shelf. Great experience and all staff made me feel comfortable. So being my 4th surgery there is a lot of scar tissue in there. The local injections hurt like hell WOW, because of the needle going into the scar tissue. Anyhow he did many injections then began the excising. What he found this time was quite different than the typical Gyno in the past which was a hard lump of tissue behind the nipple. This time it was mostly small stringy pieces of breast tissue that was spread all over and wrapping around regular fatty tissue. Totally bizarre. The doc told me it's unusual but he has seen it before. What's crazy is trying to determine what is causing this garbage. Doc advised to look into the meds I am on which is escitalopram. As a result I've decided this is a good time to stop. I've always been on a low dose so I'm finding the tapering off quite easy. Additionally I am cutting out as much soy from my diet as possible. For example I switched protein powders to a non soy. I'm a vegetarian so no more veggie burgers with soy! It's a big adjustment but doing just fine.

In terms of healing I am wrapped up tightly with a compression vest. Healing seems to be ok but still feeling hard bumps. Hoping that goes down. Not massaging at all as post care nurse advised not to.

Very antsy to exercise as I am a bit of a freak with my fitness and it's kind of a medicine for my mind. Will start doing some body weight lower body stuff soon as long as no strain on my chest.

That's my story one week post surgery!!

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member

Offline Cthruit

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024