Author Topic: afraid of general anesthesia  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Hi umm, i am considering Gynecomastia surgery indeed, however i am scared to death of general anesthesia. I dont know why, but it's wierd, in this situation i shouldnt be scared because i get put to sleep and when i wake up BOOM the surgery is done you never felt anything, however in my case i am scared of going through the entire process and procedure of being put to sleep.

e.g going to the operating room, IV being inserted and you being knocked out, then waking up procedure as if you are drunk. But the question is can you get this surgery done under local anastesia while you are fully awake? just like a walk in and walk out procedure? ???

Offline Xavier

• Bronze Member
It's really not that scary... As for me, they had trouble finding a vein because I was cold. It took nearly 40 minutes to get the IV in. Then I was brought to the operating room where the anesthesiologist put something in my IV, told me I was gonna get dizzy in a few seconds... Next thing I know I was waking up in the recovery room.

Offline Maffy

mate i was in the very same dilema you find yourself. I have suffered gyneo for many years but was always afraid of general anaethetic. Finally after may years and listening to worl colleagues making fun of my moobs i decided enough is enough and searched on ways of corrective surgery. I found a place in London that does surgery with local anaesthetic. The Private Clinic, procedure Tumescent Liposuction. There is the same treatment in the US. Procedure. tiny local anesthetic injections in chest, the injection of stuff that inflates your chest using 1mm canulas. Then wait about 1hour. within this time the injected stuff liquidfies the fast and then the liquid is sucked out. Entire procedure about 2hours. I was given a chill pill before to calm my nerves. I walked out of the surgery wearing a compression vest. Leakage wasn't a problem. Only had to wear the compression vest for 6 days. Slight pain under my nipps but no issue. I would recommend this treatment if you are afraid of local anaesthetic. I didn't have a lot of fat to get rid of, my main issues was my large puffy nipples that have now become normal. The procedure cost me £3,200. Good luck my friend  and I hope this helps.

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
mate i was in the very same dilema you find yourself. I have suffered gyneo for many years but was always afraid of general anaethetic. Finally after may years and listening to worl colleagues making fun of my moobs i decided enough is enough and searched on ways of corrective surgery. I found a place in London that does surgery with local anaesthetic. The Private Clinic, procedure Tumescent Liposuction. There is the same treatment in the US. Procedure. tiny local anesthetic injections in chest, the injection of stuff that inflates your chest using 1mm canulas. Then wait about 1hour. within this time the injected stuff liquidfies the fast and then the liquid is sucked out. Entire procedure about 2hours. I was given a chill pill before to calm my nerves. I walked out of the surgery wearing a compression vest. Leakage wasn't a problem. Only had to wear the compression vest for 6 days. Slight pain under my nipps but no issue. I would recommend this treatment if you are afraid of local anaesthetic. I didn't have a lot of fat to get rid of, my main issues was my large puffy nipples that have now become normal. The procedure cost me £3,200. Good luck my friend  and I hope this helps.

Mate you just made my day, i have been suffering from Gynecomastia from the age of 10 now i am 17, i really dont need to tell you how much stress and depression i am under, i can even wear my own size i wear bigger size clothes just to hide the Gyno. I can go to the beach my social life is fucked, no matter how much my friends or people atleast that know i have Gyno say get over it, it still affects me in a huge negative way. I must get rid of these as soon as possible mate please give me that clinics name mate and that doctors name? do you have the clinic and the doctor name/information i live in London and i would love to go to that clinic you have been to mate thanks!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The days of Ether masks and waking up nauseated with a really bad hangover are long in the past. (Though I, unfortunately, am old enough to remember those days.) This is the image that persists in the minds of your parents and grandparents though. No doubt you've heard some pretty gorey stories from your families elders.

General anesthesia these days is simply a matter of gently falling asleep and then equally gently awakening when the procedure is done. Your grandparents never had it this good.
Grandpa Dan

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member

There are a lot of things between General anesthesia and nothing at all.

There are ways that you can be out, feel nothing but breathing on your own.

I think its called local + twilight sedation,etc...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
True indeed. Many different levels of sedation just as there are many shades of gray.

By the way, I had an "Ulnar Nerve Transposition" and "Carpal Tunnel Release" done Tuesday this week and here I am typing with both hands already. It is unreal how smoothly things go these days.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024