Author Topic: Low nipples after surgery  (Read 3370 times)

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
Well, i did my surgery, pretty pleased now 5 days post-op but i see that how gland was making my nipples saggy once now that the gland is gone,the nipples are flat but are still lower then they should be. Will this change as i heal? Will excercise improve this so that the nipples would reattach to the chest muscles?
Thx!!

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
That depends on how much extra skin you have.  Excess skin will contract after surgery to a certain degree, but that is dependent on your age and the amount of extra skin you have.  Do your nipples appear to be in good position when you're lying down?  Are you wearing compression garments?  I instruct my patients to keep their chests compressed with elastic garments for a minimum of two weeks, usually longer if they have much excess skin.

Good luck.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
Im 19. There's not much excess skin. Maybe on the left side. What concerns me is that the nipples are too low from the muscle. Maybe that's because of the swelling? I'll be wearing compression for 6 weeks ;)

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
dont worry too much...its still early days for you.  Im about 6 weeks post op and my nipples are still changing shape and settling down...i was slightly concerned at about week 4 because my nipples did not seem to be perfectly in line horizontally...but this has since rectified itself as the healing goes on.  It'll be many months before your final results.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
thanks man, when did you start chest exercise?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024