Author Topic: compression Garmets  (Read 2808 times)

Offline underfire

• Posting Member
I heard that compression garmets can help shape the body and get rid of minor cases of gynecomastia.....
Is that true????? I'd like a doctors opinon on that too....

THanks....

DrBermant

I heard that compression garmets can help shape the body and get rid of minor cases of gynecomastia.....

THanks....

No Surgery Body Shaping Garments are an effective, but only a temporary contouring solution.  They do not help remove or treat gynecomastia.  When the garment is removed, the gynecomastia is still there.  They can provide an emotional band-aid for the stress of contour issues and bouncing tissues.

You can see actual Movies of Compression Chest Contouring Without Surgery. Here are links for examples of different types of gynecomastia here:

Compression Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

Body Shaping for Puffy Nipples

Body Shaping Compression Contouring for Overweight Male - This one shows the Black Vest in use.

Body Shaper Compression Garment for Severly Obese Male

Check out the multiple views for each patient. Clink on the links to see other views of the garment and features of this design I prefer.

A wet suit can also help.  Using a thin neoprene like Microprene can flatten the chest in water like a compression garment can help on land.  The after surgery garments do not work well in water, the wet suits do.  Both can be hot to wear, that is why I prefer a very thin garment.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline as400

• Silver Member

THanks....

I just bought one of these from Ebay

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/POWER-WEAR-08

Its great! I only bought it for fun as I plan to have 'The Op' within the next 8 weeks.

This isnt just a tight fitting t-shirt!...its very tight!...I couldn't get it on in the normal way without dislocating a shoulder!...so actually stepped into it and sort of rolled it upwards until I was wearing it as a normal vest.

It really quite transformed my body, my breasts were totaaly pushed in and because it was long even brought my stomach in, I found it a little difficult to breath at first but you do get used to it.

The good thing I liked was that the material it was made from was quite smooth so it didn't stick to a cotton t-shirt or my office work shirt.

I think this could also be used as a second stage vest say 2-3 weeks after an operation, though it is tricky to get into.

I bought the double layered vest which was still super thin material and light in weight.

if your concerned how you look in clothes I would def' say buy one.
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Most that is the best way to get into them. 

How tight is it in the waist?  How long is it?  Any rolling problems?

Is it comfortable for daily wear?  Think you can tolerate it in the summer?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
These garments have changed a lot over the years and all of the change was for the better.

Follow the sizing directions and there should be no problem in terms of tightness or length. Rolling should not be an issue unless you are grossly obese.

The fabrics now used breathe well so you should find them reasonably comfortable for all day wear even in summer.

The fit is quite snug, so you should not be tempted to get a smaller size than your measurements would indicate.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Check out sculptees.com.  I have one of their "slim" undergarments and it's awesome.  They run really small though, so get a size bigger than you think you might need.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Do they do ok "upstairs", they seem to favor waistlines over chest.

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
If you get the "slim", it definitely provides a lot of compression in the chest region as well. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024