Author Topic: ELIMINATED PERMANENTLY or not?  (Read 8340 times)

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
I'm confused, I thought that if you the glandular tissue was excised and if appropriate liposuctioning was performed that gyno can't grow back. I've had a friend who had the surgery done and he's never had a problem again with growth ever. And in his terms he said his gyno was like the size of softballs. And he has a great looking chest now.
I know that bodybuilders who get this problem from anabolic steroids usually get this done and it's never an issue again.
My situation is I do take cycles of testosterone, by prescription by a medical doctor. I'd like feedback on what you all might know, think.
Thanks.

Gine2D

If you take injections or other means of testosterone you should have your estrogen E2 levels checked.  If the "T": E2 ratio is less than 10:1, you probably are going to grow breasts.

example "T" of 500 & E2 of 50
E2 levels should be in the 20s.

It should be well over 20:1 or even 30:1

It is the high Estrogen E2 that binds to the estrogen receptors in the male breasts & cause the growth.

You normally need a little bit of E2, but not high levels.

If the underlying cause of the breast growth is not corrected then the surgery is temporary.

There are several causes of the hormone imbalance.
Surgery is not a cure-all for all your problems.
It will not make you into an instant babe magnet & make you smarter.

Good luck

« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 04:09:03 AM by Gine2D »

Offline hypo

Serum figures are particularly problematic because they give a very poor guide to active levels.

With serum testosterone you have to take account other factors such as SHBG when looking at the figure otherwise you might as well just throw the equation in the bin.

Total estrogen is also a bit problematic because it does not always equate to active levels and because very often the quality of the assays to measure estogens are calibrated around female reference values and are often not accurate when measuring the smaller quantities in the male endocrine system.

Best bet is to not take steroids unless you medically need to.  Then if your estrogen appears high, whatever your system of measurements from bodily symptoms, to free measurements of hormones, to serum measurements etc that you put in place a management regime to keep your estrogens/estradiol at a healthy level.  Where SHBG is a culprit have it lowered with the relevant medication that can be provided by your endocrinologist.  

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
Well as mentioned earlier, my friend had glandular tissue and fat that was like softballs. He still did testosterone and it wasn't a problem anymore. My logic was if the glandular tissue is all gone then there isn't anything for estrogen to bind to, to cause it to grow. He does get itchy nipples now and then but that's the worse of it and nothing had grown back. I do take anti estrogens like arimidex and also take an anti prolactin. This has helped anything grow any further. Well I am going to have the surgery again this year. I'll make a new post to let you all know how it goes.

Offline hypo

My situation is I do take cycles of testosterone, by prescription by a medical doctor.

Why, what for and why do you take the other medication?

The situation regarding gynecomastia returing is not as simple as you believe it to be.  Gynecomastia can and does return in those with hormones problems, whether that is because of taking steroids or having poorly treated or non medicated hormone disorders.

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
I checked out his website, thanks gyno51. Impressive website. As far as my friend who had the surgery, he hasn't had a problem with it ever again. He was a bodybuilder taking over a 1gram of testosteron with no gyno side effects. That's A LOT. Anyway whatever my friend had done I want to not have this be a problem again, I hope to have my friend's fortune.

Offline hypo

chicagobuffed,

Your bluffing as far as I can see.

You are not on testosterone via prescription but are abusing streoids.

No advice from me.

It's not even like you are being honest.

If I have got this wrong fair enough but please explain how?

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
I do get my testosterone legally. Sorry you don't believe me. I take more than is necessary to deal with fatigue and naturally low levels of testosterone. Yes, I am a weight lifter and I want to get bigger but I'm not taking them at levels like my bud was.
Actually I don't care if you believe me or not. The issue here is about gyno and how to manage it completely. There are bodybuilders who have this taken care of and it's not a problem anymore. But whatever, I had the surgery done once already and there wasn't any excision done so basically I paid for liposuction. But I did want excision of the glands.

Offline hypo

I take more than is necessary to deal with fatigue and naturally low levels of testosterone. Yes, I am a weight lifter and I want to get bigger but I'm not taking them at levels like my bud was.  
unquote

Ok

What type of product do you take and what are the prescription guidelines?

Who did you see to get diagnosed and what did they say was the cause of your problems?

Maybe you are right.  If you are I understand why you say what you do.  But also you must understand why I question also, So?

If you are not telling the truth just say so and you will get help anyway!

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
You didn't "question me." You basically called me a liar in the gentlest way possible. And to use the term "abusing" steroids. I'm not an abuser. I wouldn't call Arnold Scharzenneegar oh however you spell his name an abuser of steroids. However in text book terms, if he didn't have a prescription for it, then he is indeed an abuser. Imagine that, a governor of a state an "abuser of a substance." A person who now regulates the most poweful state in the nation who built his life by doing what isn't considered legal. And everyone loves him for it. Me? I'm just some abuser, just some faceless guy on this board. But if medical justification warrants the use then it isn't abuse.
Well aside from having fatigue ever since I exited my mother's womb (you have no idea how I was the quietest best baby in the world-cuz I always slept and didn't cry or whine), which I can't seem to have diagnosed correctly and now being immuno compromised by an infection in my adult life, the stimulation of my endocrine system that I get from taking tesosterone and decca have allowed me to function normally and not need 14 or more hours of sleep per day. And it was my idea to "cycle" and come off to give my hypothalamus and endocrine systems a rest which my doctor thought was a good idea.
My doses are my f-u-c-k-i-n-g business. I will admit that I take more than is necessary. I won't lie and say that I don't like the way it makes me look. However like I said it gives me the energy to get through the day. So unless you wanna pay my bills cuz I can't hold a job (and who can if you can't help but sleep more than 14 hours a day from extreme fatigue?), don't go judging me. None of this bull s-h-i-t is important anyway. I had mild gyno before I ever did steroids, steroids just made the situation worse. My chest has always been painful.
No need to carry on anymore, I got my answers, it can't be 100% eliminated.

Offline hypo

chicagobuffed,

I said in my first post,

Your bluffing as far as I can see.

You are not on testosterone via prescription but are abusing steroids.

No advice from me.

It's not even like you are being honest.

If I have got this wrong fair enough but please explain how?
unquote

Can you see the last statement?

I apologise if you think I called you into question, but it is me being honest and I did allow for it all to be coincidental.

I wouldn't call Arnold Scharzenneegar oh however you spell his name an abuser of steroids. However in text book terms, if he didn't have a prescription for it, then he is indeed an abuser. Imagine that, a governor of a state an "abuser of a substance
unquote

Of course he was an abuser!!!!!

Just because some people want to hold him up as an icon does not mean he hasn't done things wrong!!!

He has got away with steroid abuse because he has very good genetics and a good endocrine system coupled to the fact that he has had clever biochemists advising him on how to avoid things like gynecomastia.  He is an appalling role model for you to hold aloft!!!!

With regard to yourself I am not going to comment further one way or the other because you are abusive and because you exhibit much that to my mind associates you with steroid abuse and not hypogonadism, which the single requirement for testosterone as far as I am aware.

P.S

You need to calm down

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
I never liked Arnold Schwartzeneeger, just for the record.

Offline gogotren

• Posting Member
hey guys chicago is looking for some answers, no need to flame him. If you dont know about using gear just shut up. But chicago if your getting it from the dr for low test levels you dont cycle it you just continually take shots but w/e. I have done a few cycles of test. If you are going to do another cycle you MUST use the proper anti-estrogens like nolvadex and/or femara or armidex. these drugs act in different ways. 1 blocks estrogen from attaching to the receptors the other 2 stop test from converting to estrogen. these drugs will not block progesterone or prolactin.

Offline chicagobuffed

• Posting Member
Thanks gogotren, I do take arimidex and I take dostinex which is a dopamine inhibitor that lowers prolactin levels. And if I'm not mistaken if you lower estrogen levels either by blocking the receptor site(nolvadex) or by preventing the conversion (armidex) then your progesterone levels fall too. I think I did read that somewhere, you have to have estrogen levels to have progesterone. But I am taking care of prolactin. If you know of the right medication to block progesterone specifically by all means please chime in. I heard of Faslodex.
Another reason I cycle the juice is to minimize the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. To go in great detail here is going to be a lot of typing but trust me I am doing my homework on this and it's working reasonably well.

Offline hypo

gogotren,

I was not flaming anyone I was asking valid questions to ascertain the reasons for steroid use before deciding to offer any advice, that is my prerogative and I was utilizing it for a very good reason.

By taking arimidex or other anti estrogen drugs without prescription and without a doctors explicit approval an individual opens themselves up to a lot of potential side effects.

You do not know chicagobuffed, so why should you advice him to use these drugs?

Bad advice my friend!

Anyone who has serious hepatic, renal, bone density issues or history of blood clots should not use these drug.

If chicagobuffed had any of these, something you wouldn't have known, you could have caused him serious health problems.

Additionally someone using these drugs without the correct knowledge and pathology investigations can easily lower their estrogen/effects of estrogen too much and suffer from fatigue/lethargy, libido and erection problems and can throw their thyroid function out and cause metabolism problems.

gogotren quote "If you don’t know about using gear just shut up".

In a word NO!

I will not censor myself for you, so someone who thinks he understands steroids can go and offer stinking advice.

I know far more about steroids and their effects than you do, it just so happens that I support their legal use as opposed to illegal abuse.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024