Author Topic: Ok, inquiry on cost of surgery and payments  (Read 2263 times)

Offline BringExtraDragons

• Bronze Member
  • Sometimes you get so alone it just makes sense.

Hey guys, I have a mild case of gyne and you've heard all the stories before. I've been very repressed from just about everything because of it even though its mild, surgery is the answer. I was wondering...can you afford such a huge cost of 2-5k with an average full time job? can you setup monthly payments that wont be too devastating on your already weak paycheck?
For those lucky people who have had the operation...how was the whole payment procedure and do you think its possible for a guy working 8$ an hour full time to afford this?

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
I haven't had the surgery but, some things you can do are take out a loan, if your 18. Borrow from someone in your family. Don't be afraid to talk to someone or your family about it. If my insurance doesn't pay for mine in 2 weeks from now I am going to borrow from my grandma. Some surgeons offer payment plans such as 24 months 60months, etc. Lets say your surgery was $2500 and you were going to pay over 60months time that would be about $50 a month. On an 8 dollar an hour paycheck that is totally possible. Sell some uneeded stuff that is valuable that you don't want anymore. I buy and sell antiques and other things part time I have done this for years but, always have a job or something else to back me up. Let say you had some valueable electronics an atv or something not to important that you weren't concentrating on at the moment sell them surgery is worth more in the end than items like those are. I was also like you starting at nothing just a few weeks ago incase insurance didn't come through and by selling for a while on Ebay I now have $750. Thats a good start for me. Also there are a few things you can do surverys for money. My mom gets calls all the time from a company and they ask someone in our family to do a very simple test. Last year I took one of there tests about soft drinks and it was only 4 hours of survery and discussion talk and I made $150 dollars. Thats $37.50 an hour. Mo lawns do whatever it takes. Save every dime. Or, you can also pay upfront with your surgery with a credit card. Maybe your parents could help or maybe you have one with lets say a $500 dollar limit. You could save up cash and charge $500 of the surgery. You can also but, is very costly get a loan from a pay-day loan store or a loan store and get $2000. But, you have to pay 20% interest on the money. If I were you if you want this fast have someone help you out or make up a plan. Do whatever it takes if your at a mall and those survery people come up to you and say will you do a candle survery and we will pay you $15 take it. Take every dollar you can get. I just listed a few more things on a week ago and have sold another $200. Also if you need this fast and will never get there ask a family member. My parents are a little tapped right now and can't help me so my grandma said she will because she knows this anguishes me. Mine is a medical case though so insurance should cover mine. But, bro do whatever it takes, remember in an earlier post you can negotiate as much as 40-50% off surgery if you pay up-front with cash. Get this cash however you can. If you can borrow from a family member someone in your family probably has some extra money they can borrow. But, if they do borrow from a family member you are closer to. A lot of my aunts and uncles have insurance jobs and other high paying jobs but, I am not close to them and would feel auqward asking them for cash. My grandma though I am close and see her every other week and help her out. She would help me out and is close. But, I would ask your surgeon about payment plans they probably have some other form of payments. I know what your going through and it sucks. I would do pretty much anything to get rid of my gyne. I have had it too long and don't want to see it again. Whatever you can do do it. Don't hold back and don't be afraid to tell family and ask them for help. My whole family knows now and my mom even told people at work I could give a flying f*** if they know. Get this surgery any way possible and in the end you will be glad you did. But make sure you are getting your surgery done by someone who knows what they are doing and their method is correct and they won't butcher you for life. Good luck on getting your surgery and remember what I said don't be afraid to do whatever it takes to get this.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The Surgeon is free to set his own fees.  One with a very good reputation may charge more because he is in demand.  though High fees are not an indication of how good the surgeon actually is,  just how good He thinks He is.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024