Author Topic: Hot flashes and night sweats?  (Read 3771 times)

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
I get them multiple times a day 
Intense and prolific sweat that lingers for a few minutes 
As mentioned before re testosterone levels … I was at 150s when gynecomastia presented 
At another growth spurt acne and a drop to 52 ng/ flu

Recent growth spurt is ending ( pain is diminishing) but hot flashes are becoming worse 

Estrogen is dropping off too 

Mammogram today then endocrinologist visit in two weeks 

These values are pointing towards castrate levels 
Later, I need to find a towel 
Regards, Bob

Brdy64

I hate them too.
I can almost set my watch to them every day.
I'll be fine, then just break out in a pouring sweat. 😳

Upfront

I have had hot flashes over a long period but intermittently.
The worst part is waking up hot and sweaty. The natural thing to do is to throw off the covers. Then the evaporation makes me cold.
I have not sought medical advice for the flashes
As far as coping with gyno is concerned there were several options. 
1. Do nothing
2. The foolish option - hormone therapy (not without health hazards). 
3. Foolish and expensive - surgery. Fairly easily affordable, but I am not abnormal, do not need treatment and I can do without surgery thanks
4. Wear a bra for the symptoms of tenderness, chaffing and jiggle
Until now I hadn't really made the connection of hot flashes to gyno. Perfectly logical of course. 
Even the amazing medical instrument, the retrospectoscope would not change my mind.
Option 1 for the sweats, Option 4.for the rest, but as we say here each has to find his own path. 

Brdy64

I have had hot flashes over a long period but intermittently.
The worst part is waking up hot and sweaty. The natural thing to do is to throw off the covers. Then the evaporation makes me cold.
I have not sought medical advice for the flashes
As far as coping with gyno is concerned there were several options.
1. Do nothing
2. The foolish option - hormone therapy (not without health hazards).
3. Foolish and expensive - surgery. Fairly easily affordable, but I am not abnormal, do not need treatment and I can do without surgery thanks
4. Wear a bra for the symptoms of tenderness, chaffing and jiggle
Until now I hadn't really made the connection of hot flashes to gyno. Perfectly logical of course.
Even the amazing medical instrument, the retrospectoscope would not change my mind.
Option 1 for the sweats, Option 4.for the rest, but as we say here each has to find his own path.
Yes, it's just part of the complete package. There is nothing wrong with me, I'm just different than some. Nothing here to fix. 🤔

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
Hooray for the mammogram doc

He came out to the room and said no cancer of the breast 

He called it florid gynecomastia 
Says it’s new tissue less than a year old 

He’s good at that stuff because I went from normal size to B/C cup in two spurts of growth from last November to now 

Still with the Dx of idiopathic , just need the endocrinologist and urologist to look a bit deeper into the one line on a testicular US that states the heterogeneity of the parenchyma is unlikely to be a germ cell tumor but it cannot be ruled out yet or possibly a neoplasm in an early stage 

Knocking out the causes one by one honing in on a reason 
Even if we find a reason the breasts are mine to keep
The technician complimented me on the fact I was wearing support 
Most of the guys who come in for the first exam do not treat them with kindness 
Regards, Bob

Brdy64

Hooray for the mammogram doc

He came out to the room and said no cancer of the breast

He called it florid gynecomastia
Says it’s new tissue less than a year old

He’s good at that stuff because I went from normal size to B/C cup in two spurts of growth from last November to now

Still with the Dx of idiopathic , just need the endocrinologist and urologist to look a bit deeper into the one line on a testicular US that states the heterogeneity of the parenchyma is unlikely to be a germ cell tumor but it cannot be ruled out yet or possibly a neoplasm in an early stage

Knocking out the causes one by one honing in on a reason
Even if we find a reason the breasts are mine to keep
The technician complimented me on the fact I was wearing support
Most of the guys who come in for the first exam do not treat them with kindness
Regards, Bob
Great news! Keep us posted. 
Jump through the hoop, they are important. 😉

Brdy64

Will phytoestrogens help with hot flashes? It might be worth trying?

Most available research links phytoestrogens to a variety of health benefits.
  • Flax seeds. Flax seeds are small golden or brown seeds that have recently gained popularity because of their potential health benefits. ...
  • Soybeans and edamame. ...
  • Dried fruits. ...
  • Sesame seeds. ...
  • Garlic. ...
  • Peaches. ...
  • Berries. ...
  • Wheat bran.

Upfront

Probably will help the flashes and increase breast growth. Can't have one without the other I'm afraid 

Brdy64

Probably will help the flashes and increase breast growth. Can't have one without the other I'm afraid
Anything to get rid of these hot flashes 😳💦

Brdy64

I ordered groceries to be delivered today, including 'flax seed and berries'.

"Guidelines do not mention the daily recommended intake of flaxseed. However, most experts agree that one to two tablespoons of flaxseeds a day is good for health."

😬💦Hot flashes are really getting to me so I'll take the 'phytoestrogen leap' to see if I can alleviate them somewhat.
I'll make my estrogen smoothie every morning along with my morning coffee. 🤔

It will be interesting to see if it helps, and the results I get elsewhere as well. 🤔
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 08:26:05 AM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Upfront

If you want to relieve hot flashes herbally /naturally pueraria mirifica is probably the best phyto estrogen.
It is , quite obviously going to grow your breasts as well ....... but if you don't mind.......

Brdy64

If you want to relieve hot flashes herbally /naturally pueraria mirifica is probably the best phyto estrogen.
It is , quite obviously going to grow your breasts as well ....... but if you don't mind.......
I noticed that, but I didn't see that it was a 'food source'. 
I have simply decided that I'll adjust my 'diet' for now too see how that works.
Flax seeds are very healthy, and a pretty good source as well. That and the 'soy cheese pizzas' I ordered, and other soy products should raise my levels substantially. 

It seems our diets already contain quite a substantial amount of phytoestrogens already. I'm just increasing those foods known to be more potent. 

I'll keep y'all posted on my progress. 🤔

Brdy64

From what I gather, hot flashes are simply a symptom. The root cause is a natural hormonal deficiency as we age. It's most common in women as estrogen levels start dropping off during menopause. 
It just makes sense that our bodies that have grown accustomed to estrogen (we did grow breasts), would feel deprived of estrogen as well as levels dropped. 
Many women will start estrogen treatments, but those are not exactly natural sources. 
Some women will change their diets accordingly to allow more natural sources of phytoestrogens to amass. This I understand is quite effective. 🤔

Upfront

It is an extract from the root of a plant grown in Thailand.
It is  used for menopausal symptoms but is beloved by the Thai "lady boys" for breast growth, also by men wanting to feminise before  deciding whether to transition. It is said to be pretty potent.
I assume the usual rules of  nature re breast growth applies. Discomfort, actual pain and, as for women, what you get you keep.

Probably not what most on the forum would want to hear, but if the hot flashes are severe and often l would certainly go down that route.
As I I have documented elsewhere l have been having very hard breasts and pain. Fortunately that is easing and as much as I certainly wouldn't mind a bit if breast growth I am going to leave nature (aka my estrogen) to it's own devices

« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 10:46:01 AM by Upfront »

Brdy64

It is an extract from the root of a plant grown in Thailand.
It is  used for menopausal symptoms but is beloved by the Thai "lady boys" for breast growth, also by men wanting to feminise before  deciding whether to transition. It is said to be pretty potent.
I assume the usual rules of  nature re breast growth applies. Discomfort, actual pain and, as for women, what you get you keep.

Probably not what most on the forum would want to hear, but if the hot flashes are severe and often l would certainly go down that route.
As I I have documented elsewhere l have been having very hard breasts and pain. Fortunately that is easing and as much as I certainly wouldn't mind a bit if breast growth I am going to leave nature (aka my estrogen) to it's own devices
I believe it is not the path I would chose to take. I'm not trying to 'transition'. My body has transitioned enough on it's own, and I am content with what nature has bestowed upon me. 
I guess I am simply addressing a symptom through diet adjustments. 
Perhaps if this doesn't work I'll need more drastic measures. But for now I will just really start eating estrogen friendly. 😉

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024