Author Topic: Having surgery tomorrow!!  (Read 2472 times)

Offline red81

• Posting Member
After about 15 to 17 years dealing when gyne, I'm off to have surgery in the morning.  I'm so excited yet so anxious.  Having the procedure done locally in Florida with Dr. Kris Reddy.  Will try to post the pre- and post-op pictures soon.  Wish me luck!

hammer

GOOD LUCK!!!

Just be sure to follow post op instructions!

I will never have this surgery, however, I have had both knees replaced and extensive back surgery, and following the post op instructions can make a world of difference in recovery and final outcome. Example with knee replacement I got the chance to use a CPM (constant passive motion) machine at home for a month after surgery. By my one month post op appointment I had full motion with my knees because I spent as much time in the machine as I could. Others I know opt out of use of it and had nothing but trouble with their new knees!

I know I went off topic, but my point is, FOLLOW THE POST OP INSTRUCTIONS!

Best of luck to you!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:26:09 AM by hammer »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Well said hammer and the example was not really all that far off topic.

The ultimate outcome of any surgery is greatly influenced by how well the postoperative instructions are followed.

Congratulations and best wishes to you red81.
Grandpa Dan

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Good luck to you!  You must be excited and nervous all at the same time.  I'm getting closer to my surgery date as well, and the anxiety level is starting to rise a slight bit.  Post back to us all as soon as you feel up to it.  We'd love to hear your surgery day experience, and how you are doing!  Cheers  :D
Shakenbake baby, SHAKE N BAKE!!  Ya, that just happened.

Offline red81

• Posting Member
The surgery went very well so far.  Woke up from the anesthesia around 9:45 this morning.  No major soreness or nausea, and the nurses were all very helpful.  I would love to say that Dr. Reddy did an amazing job, but I can't really tell at the moment due to the large, compressed bandage around my chest.  We'll see the first results tomorrow morning during the follow-up, but I'm expecting bruising and swelling.  So far the only bad experience is the lingering taste of the drugs as they slowly wear off and get out of my system.  I'm off to recline and relax a bit, but I will definitely keep you posted as time goes on.  Thanks for the well wishes!

Offline shaknbake

• Gold Member
Well, you are now "on the other side" as they say!  How are you feeling right now?  Any nausea or anything from the anesthetic?

Offline red81

• Posting Member
No nausea at this point...still just drowsy, light-headed, and feel like I did a number on my chest at the gym.  My mouth has been extremely dry, but drinking lots of water.  The only bad experience is the taste the anesthesia leaves in my mouth for a few hours after surgery.  Still - it's all worth being on the "other side".  I don't know why I didn't do this ten years ago!  Can't wait to see my results in a few weeks.

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
What did you pay and how severe was your case?

Offline red81

• Posting Member
I had a mild case of gyne but definitely enough to where it was embarrassing to be anywhere in public without or shirt (or even at home with my wife).  The total cost for the surgery for me was $4,000.  I was expecting more, so I thought this was a fairly reasonable price for what I've seen discussed in these forums.  So far so good.

Got my bandage off yesterday morning and started wearing my compression vest.  The soreness for the most part has gone away, and I only had about one day of pain medication.  Had the surgery early Friday morning, and going well so far this Christmas morning.  I had one side that was a worst case than the other, so my only concern is symmetry; but I'll focus on wearing the vest and keeping things tight with limited movement.  I should have some post-op pics in about (6) weeks, and I'll try to post before and afters once I get those.

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone; and anyone who is thinking about the surgery, I highly recommend it.  Wish I had made this decision several years ago.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024