Author Topic: i have a question...  (Read 2619 times)

Offline socorock

• Posting Member
Hello, im having surgery on the 1st june. I asked my PS wether i will be wearing a compression vest after surgery or not and he said no, only a dressing to go home in. I was just wondering, is it reccommended to wear a compression vest after surgery? and what happens if you dont? I do have a compression vest that i bought from underworks to wear under my tshirts on a daily basis, so would it help if i wore this? please help, thanks.

Ben

Offline socorock

• Posting Member
Anyone? please help

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
If he tells you not to wear a compression vest, then i think you need to rethink about choosing a diffrent PS.

Offline LIFEGUARD21

• Posting Member
Every ps I talked to before my surgey said I would have to wear a vest. As far as I know you have to wear a comp vest for all surgeries that include a form of lipo. Where did you find your ps?

Offline socorock

• Posting Member
Any other opinions? I am now very nervous and anxious about the surgery.

Offline socorock

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply, I'm from the UK so you wont have heard of him before. I've just emailed him about it. How important is it to wear one?

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
My PS never told me to wear a compression vest either. Just a wrap for a few days. If your case is mostly glandular then I wouldn't be concerned.

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
when i consulted my PS, he too said the SAME thing, even though i asked him again do i need to wear a compressed vest, said no ....
i think u shud also know that he insisted that i go for gland exicision.
Any take?
Can we really determine the quality of PS with the fact that what he recommends post op, it cud be that he has seen many of his patients doing fine with just a bandage (incidentally this is what my PS told me)
though i havent decided on my surgery date, but i liked this PS ( Dr Susheel Cleitus, Bangalore)

~~~~~hungry tides~~~~~~
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

Offline socorock

• Posting Member
Thanks, my gyne is abit of both i guess, there is quite alot of fat aswell. Hmm, i have contacted him asking to wear one but he still hasnt replied, i'll just have to see what he says.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024