Author Topic: 'Lightly adhesive' more like bringer of death!  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Karu

• Posting Member
So I just had surgery a week ago, and my instructions were to keep my vest on for 7 days and then I can remove it to take a shower. It says to take off the 'lightly adhesive' foam pads, but when I try to pull it off it feels like it's fused to my skin. I gritted my teeth and managed to get my right one off, but the left one won't even budge no matter how hard I pull on it.

Does anyone know a better way to get them off? Maybe using water? Or will they loosen if I wait longer?

Offline Karu

• Posting Member
Okay, so after screaming like a girl I managed to pull the last one off, the feeling was right and it must of been old skin or something that was stuck to the foam pad cause it looks like I ripped off some skin, only a little, barely deep cause it's not bleeding or anything.

Offline MSJ108

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
It wasnt just me!! I heard they were barely adhering to my skin. I thought my nipple was coming off.
Surgery Date: April 9, 2008.
Surgeon: Dr. J C Fielding. (Toronto)
Result: Life is getting better with every day.

Offline MSJ108

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
My pads came off easily also...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member
My pads came off easily also...

GB

Brag all you want.. Fielding used carpet tape on me  ;D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

:o :o :o

Maybe you didn't give JCF the obligatory $500 tip...  You many have pissed him off dude...   ;D

GB
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 06:19:32 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Karu

• Posting Member

Maybe you didn't give JCF the obligatory $500 tip...  You many have pissed him off dude...   ;D

GB

Oh! That's where I went wrong!

Offline DCBR78

• Silver Member

GB

Could be.. I offered my liver.. I'm just glad he never took me up on it. I didnt want to wake up with stiches down my side...

Offline flmb

• Posting Member
I didnt have a vest put on but i had an ace bandage wrapped around me an the doc put surgical tape all around to keep it in place ( top and bottom). when he removed the tape it hurt like hell and took the skin off all the way around. im at 5 weeks post op and my bruising is gone, the scabs around my nipple is gone but i have this red line going around my body from where the skin was pulled off by the tape. i guess it took off more than just a little skin.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024