Author Topic: Surgery related question  (Read 2146 times)

Offline DriftKing

• Posting Member
I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where to post. Anyways, when I was in for my surgery consult my doctor explained that because of all the loose skin I have, my nipples will have to actually be removed and reattached. My gyne issue lies more so in the fact that I have alot of loose skin, its not a "puffy nipple" kind of issue. Because of the loose skin, my nipple sits at the end of the breast which is pendulous. in order to get the nipples in the correct "area" again, they have to be removed and reattached after the excess skin is removed. Honestly, this is a bit much for me to take in and I'm nervous, yet anxious at the same time. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar procedure done and if there are any pictures I could take a look at to kind of see what I can expect. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The procedure you described is not uncommon though I think it is more commonly done in breast reduction on women. I can think of no reason why it wouldn't work equally well on a man. Especially so with the loose skin condition you mentioned.
Grandpa Dan

DrBermant

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where to post. Anyways, when I was in for my surgery consult my doctor explained that because of all the loose skin I have, my nipples will have to actually be removed and reattached. My gyne issue lies more so in the fact that I have alot of loose skin, its not a "puffy nipple" kind of issue. Because of the loose skin, my nipple sits at the end of the breast which is pendulous. in order to get the nipples in the correct "area" again, they have to be removed and reattached after the excess skin is removed. Honestly, this is a bit much for me to take in and I'm nervous, yet anxious at the same time. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar procedure done and if there are any pictures I could take a look at to kind of see what I can expect. 

To better demonstrate to others your concerns try posting using my Standard Images to Evaluate Loose Skin and Gynecomastia for Male Mastopexy Chest Lift.

Gynecomastia and Excess Skin present a different problem that male breast enlargement alone.  You can find many before and after pictures on that section of my site and learn about the different options for men with excess skin component of their chest deformity. 

When both chest and stomach are involved with loss skin after major weight loss, tightening the stomach and lower body first should be considered.  If the chest is first tightened, work on the lower body can again lower the chest. 

Lower body controuring can include tummy tuck abdominoplasty and Lower Body Lift Surgery.

Options depend on many factors best explored during a consultaton.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:12:15 AM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024