Author Topic: A couple post op questions  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Bballguy123123

• Posting Member
1.  In terms of drinking alcohol, is there a time when i should stop drinking before the surgery, and also when do you think it would be safe to resume drinking afterwards?  I'm wondering because I'm going to a concert close to a week after surgery.

2.  My doctor mentioned not doing any workouts that would require any up and down movements like running where my chest would be bouncing.  Would it be okay to train really hard on the bike or should i not be excerting full energy?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

DrBermant

1.  In terms of drinking alcohol, is there a time when i should stop drinking before the surgery, and also when do you think it would be safe to resume drinking afterwards?  I'm wondering because I'm going to a concert close to a week after surgery.

2.  My doctor mentioned not doing any workouts that would require any up and down movements like running where my chest would be bouncing.  Would it be okay to train really hard on the bike or should i not be excerting full energy?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

I advise my patients that comfort is nature's way of telling the body what it can and cannot do. Alcohol can impair judgment, enough and what is safe and not safe to do can get lost. It is kind of like driving a car with a baby. In this case, the baby is the early healing tissues.

Bouncing, raising the blood pressure, and stress on healing tissues all can injure early healing tissues. Optimal healing should have peak swelling in the operating room. Push healing tissues too soon and the new swelling can be a sign that that tissue was not ready. Return to activities after surgery depends on the problem to be treated, what was done, after surgery garments and many other factors best discussed with your surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024