Author Topic: Herbal Medication, Herbal Tea , Or Any Unprescribed Natural Suggestions  (Read 2745 times)

Offline phoenixxx

• Posting Member
Hey guys, i am wondering that, any of you have any herbal medication, prescribed or unprescribed, herbal teas or anything other than pills, painkillers or antibiotics ( to quicken or support the healing process after gyno surgery )

I try to drink wather as much as i can, aslo i drink 2 or 3 cup of herbal tea a day to support liquid consumption. As far as i know, the more you have liquid to your body, the more you avoid swelling and get rid of excess of liquid from your body.

Offline unhappy123

• Posting Member
Arnica Montana is supposed to help with the bruising. Not entirely sure if it works, but I'm going to try it.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
My doctor added Arnica Montana, which is a homeopathic type medicine made from a plant, in with my other medications like pain killers and anitbiotics. The Arnica Montana pellets are by a company called Boiron and I had to put 5 tiny pellets, smaller than a tic-tac, and let them dissolve in my mouth, 3 x a day.

I had swelling and bruising, but it wasn't really bad, although it looked pretty bad right after surgery and for a couple of days after that, but it went down quickly and I think the Arnica helped with it.  :D

Offline phoenixxx

• Posting Member
I've never heard about Arnica Montana. What is it used for ?. Is it for swelling ?

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Yes, it's supposed to help with swelling and bruising.  :)

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
do some research. i've heard from my PS that the % rate of reduced bruising is negligible, but could work differently with different people

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
Add me to the arnica montana list and I am also taking bromelain pills (extracted from the stems of pineapple), both were given to me by my surgeon.

Offline goatboy

I am taking arnica pillules 4 times  day (anti-inflammatory) plus vitamin c and zinc tablet daily  (boost immune system etc)  and eating lots of pineapple (anti-inflammatory) and 2-3 cups of chinese green tea per day.  I also read that turmeric and ginger are good for anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant so am adding both to my cooking. I am one week post op and swelling seems to be coming down nicely 

(I am also taking Ibuprofen twice daily but that isn't herbal)

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
I am taking arnica pillules 4 times  day (anti-inflammatory) plus vitamin c and zinc tablet daily  (boost immune system etc)  and eating lots of pineapple (anti-inflammatory) and 2-3 cups of chinese green tea per day.  I also read that turmeric and ginger are good for anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant so am adding both to my cooking. I am one week post op and swelling seems to be coming down nicely 

(I am also taking Ibuprofen twice daily but that isn't herbal)

does your dr know you are taking ibuprofen? My dr stressed to stay away from ibuprofen for at least two weeks post op because it increases bleeding..... he recommended to take tylenol if I needed something for pain.  Just an fyi

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024