Author Topic: Booked In with Karidis 03/11/11  (Read 3832 times)

Offline neil195

• Posting Member
Hey Mick, I'm feeling great-the chest is looking good and healing really well. I'll post some pics up tomorrow which will officially be 7 days post op. I saw your other thread and glad the surgery went well.

I'm getting slight twinges of pain in the left side when I'm walking down the stairs or driving over speed bumps but other than no pain at all. But I think that's normal and will heal in time, its still really early days. I just cant wait to hit the gym and starting putting some muscle on, the chest just looks overly flat at the moment-not that I'm complaining.

On that note does anyone know when you can start running again? I normally play 5-a-side football twice a week and was wondering when I can get back into it....I'm guessing another month atleast?

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Imagine taking a football in the chest or a heavy elbow  :o

Go whenever you feel ready, just don't damage all the healing tissue under neath. I think i was about 8 weeks away from any real exercise

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Christ Neal, the thought of playing footy after surgery makes me cringe !!!
My 5yr old jumped on me last night for a good night kiss and I felt like I'd been kicked by a horse and she's as light as a feather.

How are things coming along mate ?

Offline pancakes

• Posting Member
Hey man how did the surgery go?

Offline neil195

• Posting Member
I took these at 7 days post op. Very happy with the results so far, the incisions are tiny and hardly noticeable. My mobility is still not back to normal I can't raise my arms straight above my head just yet, but it gets better each day. I keep forgetting to take my arnica tablets not sure if that makes a difference to the actual tissue repair but my skin doesn't look bruised at all now.

Pancakes - The surgery went really well, couldn't recommend it enough. You fall asleep wake up and its done. I know its a big cost but I think its worth the cost if it regains your confidence and makes you feel better about yourself.

Mick/Chopper - Yeah I'm not going to rush going back to football, got barged on the tube today, totally by accident- just your typical rush hour congestion. But ouch did it hurt...will just take it easy and get back to running etc when I'm ready. How you guys getting on? 

Offline shaunuk

• Posting Member
Alright Neil looking good,,

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Hi Neal, just looked at your pics looking bloody great, you gotta be happy mate?

Offline neil195

• Posting Member
Yeah I'm really happy at the results so far. But there's plenty of healing to  go, was feeling my chest and its pretty hard and lumpy underneath the skin, I think that will take longer to heal and probably where the massaging comes into play. Think I'll start that from next week onwards.

Today was the first day I didn't wear the vest top, so I'm going to just wear it at night from now on. It was pretty strange going to work without it today, found myself going back to my usual body posture, shoulders rolled forward and hunched back - didn't realise before but the vest naturally corrects this. Had to keep reminding myself to sit up properly with my chest out (afterall there's no more moobs to hide anymore  ;D

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Yep I can defintely see what you mean about it being strange to not wear the vest, today i'm just starting to feel comfortable in it which seems strange, think it might be something to do with people saying god you've lost weight!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024