Author Topic: Surgery next week! ??'s and a Thank you  (Read 3286 times)

Offline goldenknight

• Posting Member
  • Go UCF Golden Knights!
Hello all,
  I took the plunge over this summer and told my parents about my gyne. (To refresh your memory since I know you all encounter hundreds of boys like me I'm 19yrs old, 5'11 and 170 lbs. and have had gyne since I was about 10. I consider my case more then moderate, since I'm not that overweight it shows a lot more.) Anyways, my parents were very accepting and agreed that I could have the surgery done. I searched my area and found Dr. Rothfield (url]http://www.westonplasticsurgery.com/[/url]) who has an office in Weston, not to far from where I live in South Florida. I had a consultation with him in August before I went back to college. He was very nice and very qualified (has all the proper certifications, was re-certified last year and is even the Chief of Plastic Surgery at my local hospital). He probed, explained the procedures and gave me pamphlets. The price was right,  $6,000 total- $4,800 for total Gyne removal and $1200 for lipo of my neck (another procedure I wanted done..good-bye double chin!  :-* ;D lol ).
Dr. Rothfield said my gyne was mostly glandular, about 75% gland 25% fat (something I've been assuming for a while) and that he would remove the gland and do lipo on both my chest and neck using the Ultrasonic procedure.

Anyways, now that the background info was given I can get to my questions! lol. How does the Ultrasonic lipo technique compare to tumescent? Does it remove more fat effectively or lessen the recovery period?
I'm having the surgery one week from today on Dec. 18th and I'm soooo excited, although I'm a little nervous about the recovery period. I'll be home on winter break for a solid 3 weeks of recovery before I have to return to college in early January, but I'm more worried about the festivities in-between. One week Post-Op will be Christmas day, and week 2 will be New Years Eve, both will be times were I'm surrounded with friends and family, 99% of which won't know I've had surgery. I know the chin garment can come off in a week, but what should I be expecting by Christmas and then New Years in terms of swelling, bruising and sore-ness for my chest? Will it be painfull to hug relatives 1 week post-op? lol. All things I gotta know! lol. Sorry for rambling, I'm just running through a whole bunch of scenarios in my head and hoping my relatives don't think I was in a car accident or something lol.

I'd also like to say Thank you to you all. I've been a stalker of this site for well over 2 1/2 years now, and a silent member for over a year and the information I gathered and learned from you guys was invaluable! You gave me the strength to come to terms with my condition and tell my parents, which has ultimately led to my surgery and living the rest of my life with this burden off my chest (literally and figuratively lol). Thank you all!
                                  Golden Knight

Offline flex1appeal

The main difference between the 2 types of lipo is that the ultra lipo uses a laser to melt the fat into a buttery like substance which makes it easier to remove. You tend to get better results removing the fat with ultra.

Offline goldenknight

• Posting Member
  • Go UCF Golden Knights!
Thanks Flex.   :)
                                              Golden Knight

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Ultra lipo uses a laser.

Ultrasonic lipo does not use a laser. Ultrasonic and Laser assited Liposuction are two similar, but different techniques.

To answer the original question.... Tumescent, or... 'Tumescere' means, 'to swell'. In the tumescent technique, areas of excess fat are injected with a large amount of anesthetic liquid before liposuction is performed. The liquid causes the compartments of fat to become swollen and firm or "tumesced." The expanded fat compartments allow the liposuction cannula to travel smoothly beneath the skin as the fat is removed.

Ultrasonic Liposuction is a method of removing fat from the subcutaneous space. The fat is first broken up by ultrasound and then removed by suction. At the same time the skin may be tightened. During ultrasonic liposuction ultrasonic waves sounds waves are produced by a generator. These waves are transmitted to the tip of a suction cannula or wand. When this tip contacts the fat cells the cells are broken up and the fat emulsified. This liquefied fat can then be removed. In some situations the procedure has advantages over traditional liposuction.

Laser Liposuction is a concentrated beam of light tuned to a specific frequency. Laser-assisted liposuction helps to liquefy the fat in your body before it is removed.

John.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 08:41:34 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline goldenknight

• Posting Member
  • Go UCF Golden Knights!
Bambu, Thanks for clearing that up. I think I'd prefer Ultrasonic, sounds more advanced.  I'm glad my doctor does that then! lol

Razr- I'd love to get them up sometime soon. I left the cord that connects my camera to my lap top at college  >:( , but I know my PS took pics of me at the consultation. If I can get a hold of them I'll post them. I'll definitely post pics once I return to Orlando, so that would be about 3 weeks post-op.

5 days till surgery!!!

Golden Knight

Offline goldenknight

• Posting Member
  • Go UCF Golden Knights!
jologs- what a small world indeed, lol.  :P I started searching for a PS in the Orlando area and couldn't really find any that stood out for me so I started searching back home. Weston is about 45 minutes northwest of Miami and a little over an hour south of West Palm. Fort Lauderdale is the closest large city directly east from Weston, their airport is about 30 minutes away. Hope this helps!
                         Golden Knight

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024