Author Topic: shower  (Read 4181 times)

Offline mattmando

• Bronze Member
i know this is a pretty dumb question: but i am kinda scared to take a shower becasuse i don't want to see bruises feel grossed out etc. I am about 2 days post op now.  U guys have any suggestions ...i also had my abs and hips done.

thanks

Offline mattmando

• Bronze Member
thanks man, but i just bit the bullet and went for it.  Man i am bruised! like there is a bruise between my pecks and its raised so i can't distinuish between pecks....so thats weird.  I think its too early to say if the surgery was a sucess. 

i used a lufa with handle thingy i got at CVS...that totally helped

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
i know this is a pretty dumb question: but i am kinda scared to take a shower becasuse i don't want to see bruises feel grossed out etc. I am about 2 days post op now.  U guys have any suggestions ...i also had my abs and hips done.

thanks

I almost threw up when I saw my chest for the first time after surgery.  It was at the end of the first week when the bandages came off.  I really wasn’t ready for seeing such a mess of bruising and a chest that looked like it had been trampled on by an elephant.  It took me about 2 weeks to “adopt” the chest as my own.  I felt nervous touching it and because I couldn’t feel it as it was numb, I really felt like it wasn’t mine.  Needless to say that as time passed and the bruising and swelling went and my chest returned to normal, I stopped feeling that way.  I was surprised though how I initially disassociated myself from my chest after surgery.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline mattmando

• Bronze Member
yeah it was hard...i really didn't inspect myself in a mirror yet i kept on looking up when i was showering.

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
I was in the shower the next day after the surgery and every day after that. I was in a pretty good condition after the surgery. Only some mild bruises here and there.

Offline mattmando

• Bronze Member
yeah i am about 4 days post op and man its hard to shower.  Just looking at yr poor bruised up body and it being all numb.  But yeah man yr right it should get easier by the day.  every other day showering for me till i feel more comfortable.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024