Author Topic: go out after 3 days  (Read 2890 times)

Offline redwings

• Posting Member
hey its my 3rd day  after gynecomstia opp. and i was wondering if its ok to go out?

Offline robs

• Posting Member
dude!  don't risk it.  Your body needs time to heal.  If you don't rest for an entire week after surgery you risk complications and not getting the results you want...complications are not to be taken lightly.  You will regret it if something happens....it's only one week to take it easy.

Offline Emmitsm03

• Bronze Member
agreed... not worth it at all

DrBermant

hey its my 3rd day  after gynecomstia opp. and i was wondering if its ok to go out?

Return to activities and Recovery after Gynecomastia Surgery depend on the original problem, what was done, Comfort after Male Breast Reduction, Swelling After Surgery, skill of the surgeon, After Surgery Compression, and many other factors best discussed with your own doctor. My patients are able to go back to light activity the day after surgery. Many come to Virginia and are going back home the next day or sightseeing around the region. Walking around is fine (as long as you keep in air conditioning. Sweating can increase discomfort. Museum hopping in D.C. seems to be fine, but bouncing such as climbing up the Washington Memorial is too much.

Some doctors' patients have much more pain, swelling, and tissue injury. If you need strong pain medication, then pushing activities is just not a good idea. My patients are typically on just plain Tylenol. So for my patients, I advise them to let comfort be their guide to how far they can push themselves.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Obviously I can only speak in generalities -- I do not know specifically what surgery you had and how extensive it was.

But my patients are encouraged to be out of bed the day after surgery -- walking gently, going to a movie or restaurant, etc.  In essence, resuming a sedentary life.  I just don't want them being too active.

In fact, one of my patients, who was visiting New York from out of town, was not in his hotel room when I called him the evening of surgery.  When I eventually spoke to him, he told me he had gone to Broadway to see a play on the night of surgery!  Certainly, I do not encourage this but it illustrates that recovery from most routine gyne surgery is not as bad as one might imagine it to be.

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:40:10 AM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024