Author Topic: Liposuction Questions  (Read 2437 times)

Offline cheese87

Hello, I had been struggling for years with what i found out may have been gynecomastia. but after consultation with doctors and endocrinologists, ultrasounds and bloodwork shown that i had no signs of glandular disorder, or any tissue growth, only fatty tissue in the breasts. so i made an appointment with the surgeon and 2 days ago i had the surgery - it was bilateral liposuction. now i am sore as it is expected, and bandaged, but no excess skin was exised and it seems that i still have breasts. this is very displeasing, i was expecting a flat chest, now he mentioned before i was given anaesthetic that the space he created usually closes with time and the skin tightens up but i was curious about that whole process, any thing you folks know about this specific situation may be helpful, i dont want to be let down after waiting so long for this to happen. thanks

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
That seems to be a big misconception among medical professionals with gynecomastia.  The ratio of gland tissue to fat can't be determined in the male chest by doing ultrasound or bloodwork.  You can search the posts of Dr. Bermant on these boards for more info on this.  Are there any pre-op pictures you could post?
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline cheese87

k so its been a while now, about 2.5 months since the lipo was done, im healed now..still have boobs but theres nothing in there....when i raise my arms or stretch my chest the skin tightens and theres nothing there anymore...but when im not stretching there still the same. so next week i have more surgery booked, the surgeon said first hed remove the fatty tissue, let me heal and the skin tighten a bit, and then hed cut the excess skin off-..theres a lot of it but he said hed take care of it and my chest would be flat. is there anything about this type of procedure anyone knows about? i didnt/dont have any glandular tissue, and its just all the boob skin getting removed and cinched up. any input would be appreciated. i was a bit let down after the first one, but now it seems this one will fix the problem finally. thanks

Offline cheese87

well got that one done now too..it seems (though still bandaged) that this is a big improvement, though not perfect yet. there are staples in there and i think next thursday they take this awful wrap thing off..fingers crossed. if its not what i wanted ill just get more i figure..its covered here in ontario so i have yet to pay a dime for anything, which i think is terrific - its considered abnormal tissue so they take care of it for me. im wondering, can more be done? can they go in again and take off more, in case there still exists some loose skin?
cheers

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024