Author Topic: Driving after surgery  (Read 6090 times)

Offline ace007

• Posting Member
How soon after surgery can you start driving?  I'm driving myself to the surgery center and plan to leave the car in the lot overnight.  I'm staying at a friends place nearby.  Would it be impossible for me to drive my car out the the lot the following day after surgery?

Offline Drew

• Posting Member
  • My Chest!
I think driving would be pretty painful on the second day, which from my experience was the worst day as far as pain goes.
June 23, 2006:
Direct Excision and Liposuction.
Performed by Dr. Wiener in Houston, Tx.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
I drove second day.  I was in more pain than first day but I could drive about an hour.

Offline raymon

• Posting Member
If you take the prescibed painkillers than you probably will be told not to drive at all and thus you'll have pain when you drive without them.

Did you other guys really have that much pain the second day even with any painkillers?

Offline flex1appeal

I have not been in any "pain" just discomfort. I drove second day no problems. Just gotta take it easy. I drove holding the wheel low as to not raise or stretch the chest area. By day 4 I was feeling great and now I am on day 7 and really feel minor discomfort left. Maybe feels like you do after not working out for a few weeks and then working out again and 2 days later you are really sore. I felt the worst on day 3.

Offline billybob2

• Posting Member
i was up and running like an hour after surgery =/

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024