Author Topic: No Drains Post Surgery?  (Read 3500 times)

Offline neenos

• Posting Member
I just had my consultation today with my plastic surgeon, while I was talking with him he seems very informed and wasn't afraid to answer any of my questions. He showed me before & after photos of people and asked if I looked on his website (of course I did!). He mentioned that I would need liposuction + excision which I'm happy to hear. But the thing that raised a red flag to me is he said that he doesn't use drains on patients and has only had to use it once in the past 10 years on an overweight patient.

I would like to hear some people's thought's who have had the surgery and possibly any doctor's to get their take on this. From what I've been reading all these years, drains used post-op are usually standard procedure.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Dr. Fielding did not use drains for my post-op recovery.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
I didn't have drains and I'm fine. I had quite minor gyne (puffy nipples) and had excision and lipo.

Offline neenos

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies everybody, I'm going to go ahead and schedule the appointment for late July. I'll be sure to post pre and post-op pictures on the forums when I get it done, hopefully I remember!

DrBermant

I just had my consultation today with my plastic surgeon, while I was talking with him he seems very informed and wasn't afraid to answer any of my questions. He showed me before & after photos of people and asked if I looked on his website (of course I did!). He mentioned that I would need liposuction + excision which I'm happy to hear. But the thing that raised a red flag to me is he said that he doesn't use drains on patients and has only had to use it once in the past 10 years on an overweight patient.

I would like to hear some people's thought's who have had the surgery and possibly any doctor's to get their take on this. From what I've been reading all these years, drains used post-op are usually standard procedure.

The need for drains or how much comes out depends on the problem to be treated, skill of the surgeon, method(s) of surgery, and other factors.  I prefer techniques that minimize the need for drains or draining fluid with needles.  My use of drains or needing to drain fluid is less than 1% with my Gynecomastia Male Chest Sculpture Dynamic Technique.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline neenos

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply Dr. Bermant the way he described his technique is similar to yours, he takes out the gland first then lipo's the fat. He also will be doing under the armpit which I'm glad since I see a lot of post-op procedures look odd cause while the chest is flat, the body looks oblong cause of the fat under the armpit. I'm also getting my love handles lipo'd & excised since I can't lose the fat no matter what I do. From the time I realized I had gyne 7 years ago I have lost 80 pounds through diet & exercise and my love handles haven't budged at all.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024