Author Topic: Running a marathon with Gyne + surgery tuesday!!!  (Read 1961 times)

Offline dtc78

• Posting Member
Hi all

Ive posted a few times on here and found loads of excellent advise and tips. Like everybody else im pretty sure i wouldnt be having
surgery next week if i hadnt found this site.

Anyway i ran my first marathon last week for charity, im not that fit but figured id give it a go. The training was tough, but what i found the
hardest was trying to hide my gyne whilst running outside. This is gonna sound daft but i was so self concious about them bouncing up and down
that i would wear 2 layers, and a hat so know one knew it was me?!?! This wasnt too bad in the winter months when it was cold, but march training was a nightmare cos i either roasted (which effected the training bigtime!!) or if i risked a t shirt i was constantly trying to hide my chest, not ideal when your running 19miles or so!! I just wanted to feel free like my mates to focus on the actual run!!

I saw the marathon as like a final nightmare experience before im rid of them for good. It kinda made me more determined to do it, cos i knew 2 weeks after the run i would hopefully be getting rid! I ran in a t shirt, to me the gyne was obvious but i watched people in the crowd etc and nobody seemed to be looking at my chest in shock or disgust, to me that was weird and maybe backs up what some say about alot of it been
'in your head'. Facts are i know i have it, how bad it is i guess depends on the individual. I hate it, and have wanted rid for years.

Anyway Im going under the knife with Dr. Karidis in 4 days time, i dont feel too nervous at the mo tho im sure that will change by monday!!
Ive got some arnica tabs, and i intend to buy some waterproof plasters and lots of pineapple, do i need anything else do u think??

If anyone has any last minute advice etc then please let me know...

Thanks guys!

Offline thetodd

Nah just stock up on fruit/food cause you wont be able to drive for a while, take everything you need to an easy reach height because you wont be able to raise your arms high

just relax, eat healthy thats all you can do

good luck, and well done on doing your marathon :)
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline dtc78

• Posting Member
Cheers thetodd!

Will just eat well and enjoy the time off work then! :D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024