Author Topic: Poland Recovery Time  (Read 3600 times)

Offline samgyne28

• Bronze Member
I was hoping that a few people who had surgery in Poland could reply to this question.  My company is sending me to Germany for a trade exhibition.  I have gotten permission to leave a few days before.  My plan is to have the surgery and rest over the weekend.  Then attend the trade fair on Tuesday.  I wanted to find out if realistically this is possible?  Or will I be in pain, swelling and bruising and scarring for more than a few days?

Also, if I decide to stay in Sublice and frankfurt oder area, will I get bored or is there enough to do for 4 days or so?

Would appreciate any input from the guys who've had surgery there already.  Specially about recovery time, bruising, swelling etc..
Thanks.

Offline outertrial

I cant recommend that really. If everything goes well youll be pretty stiff and sore but could probably get away with it if you said you had put your back out. What are you doing at the fair? If its just standing at a stall talking to people then I suppose you could manage it.

The problem is everyones different and everyone has a different op  so theres no way of knowing what state youll be in afterwards. I had my op on a wednesday in Barcelona and was sightseeing on the Friday but my wife had to carry our bag while we walked around, help me on and off with my coat and get dressed and undressed. OK I could have done these things on my own of id absolutely had to but it would have been a stretch.

Then some people have the op and just feel like theyve had a tough workout so there you go. Please be aware that if you get any complications like a haemotoma that would change things significantly.My surgeon says those happen in about 10 percent of ops.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
I had surgery in Poland and i was walking around next day pain free :)
2 days later i dragged a heavy suitcase all the way accross Slubice to the Hotel Kaliski without a problem.
Then we went to the airport and i managed perfectly with the suitcase.
Then i drove home from the airport (75 miles) without any pain or discomfort.
Im surte youll be just fine and you could hide it very easily.
I had Lipo & Excision and found the whole expierience was painless :)

On the other hand if you had surgery through the armpit then theres a higher chance of being in more pain and a higher chance of skin sticking to the muscle .
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline samgyne28

• Bronze Member
Thanks guys.  Was it you who decided to have lipo and exc (and not go through the arm pit) or was that the Dr's call? 
When do you take off the bandages and wear the compression vest?
Maybe I can go a couple of days earlier and stay in Frankfurt Oder to recover as the trade fair will start after the weekend.
Do you think this would be a better idea?  How many days before do you think I should have the operation?
Also, is Frankfurt Oder a nice place to stay for a few days. Is there stuff to do, show eat etc..?

I'll be walking around the fair mainly. Not sitting at a stall.  Do you think I'll be badly bruised (lots of dis-coulouring, scarring and swelling on my chest?  I'd hate to have my chest look like that and be all stiff.

Thanks in advance for your further input.

Offline samgyne28

• Bronze Member
hey outtrial - If you had trouble dressing, how did you manage to take showers? Was it painful?

Were you given any pain killers and compression vest?  Or should I buy my own?

Thanks.

Offline Bob1981

• Silver Member
Hmm, I'm currently working as an archaeologist, which involves digging, shovelling etc.  For those who've had the surgery, how long do you think it would be before I could be back at it?   

Offline outertrial

Everyone heals at different rates, it depends on you and what you have done. In my experience it was very stiff right after and I could feel it when I moved around. I didnt need any pain killers though, it wasnt really painful pain, if that makes any sense - you just wont be that mobile right after.

You could be fine to go to your fair but if you get some problem like a haematoma you should be able to bail out without it affecting your job.

Offline samgyne28

• Bronze Member
What is haematoma?  Please explain.  I'll be grateful for any information..

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
I have the same questions as Sam above.  Can anyone answer?

Offline jonny_g

• Posting Member
I have a question on recovery time, how soon do you reckon I could t ake my top off after surgery without it looking like I had surgery or even the problem?

Offline Gaz_R7

• Bronze Member
What is haematoma?  Please explain.  I'll be grateful for any information..

Here you go mate, a bit of reading for you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematoma

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024