Author Topic: Right side is slightly larger than the left, help?  (Read 6118 times)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Disagree with local for revisions.

First, the scar tissue present, which is inevitable after original surgery, does not allow for even spread of the local anesthesia.  Second, the scar tissue makes the lipo much more difficult AND PAINFUL unless adequate sedation or general anesthesia is used.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

lurkin505

Dr. Jacobs,
Thank you kindly for the response. I am almost at the 3 month mark and the right side is still noticeably larger. While the left side looks perfect the right looks like there is possibly some fat or tissue left. I am guessing from what I am reading on these forums a few more months need to go by in order to even consider a lipo touch up. Does the healing go down gradually? I do not see the swelling going down. Also, should I do something about the scar tissue?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Post operative swelling can persist for a very long time. Not just weeks, but months. There was a young man here a few years back who related that it was nearly a year before he reached his final (and very satifactory) result.

We all heal a bit differently. Be patient.
Grandpa Dan

lurkin505

Well, it has been a little over 6 months now. Happy with the results on the left side, however the right side is still slightly larger and the areola looks as it is puffing out. I do not know if it still needs more time to heal or if its time to go back for a revision. If I press down firmly on my chest it feels as if there is a little tiny bit of numbness. Maybe I need more time? I am going back for a checkup on the 19th of December. I uploaded some photos to get a better idea of what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
I would say at 6 months you would be close to, if not already seeing your final result.  However I've seen posts on here saying they never saw theirs until even a year post surgery. 
To me it looks like you still have some breast tissue in the right side and if it were me I would be getting a revision. Perhaps it would be best to get an opinion from one of the doctors.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
At six months, the majority of your healing has occurred.  Any additional improvement would provably be minimal at best.

First step is to return to your surgeon to discuss.  If indeed there is residual tissue, then he may elect to perform a revision on that side.  You can always seek a second opinion with another surgeon.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Poobs

• Posting Member
May also be worth getting your bodyfat down so you have more of an idea whether it's primarily fat or gland.

Plus what's the point in having a flat chest if the rest of you isn't in shape?

lurkin505

So I saw my surgeon today, he said that we can do a touch up lipo on the right side. Does anyone know if I have to go under for this procedure or is it less complicated than the first procedure?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024