Author Topic: A General Thank You!  (Read 2809 times)

Offline frell

I just wanted to extend a hearfelt thank you to everyone on this site. 

I have suffered through the stigma and myriad other issues associated with gynecomastia for the past 17 years (I am 33).  Thanks to the wonderful members of this forum, who have so generously shared their own experiences, trials, and tribulations I decided to do something about it.  I trolled this site for months, learning all I could about the condition, procedure(s), and recovery, and I can honestly say that without your voices, I probably would not have decided to follow through with the procedure.  That is why I wanted to join up and offer my thanks.

I had the procedure done 5 days ago and am recovering nicely.  My doctor (Dr. Dean Jabs, Bethesda Maryland) and his staff were absolutely incredible and did such a wonderful job that I am already sorry it took me so long to go through with it.  My recovery is going smoothly (other than hating the compression garment, which seems normal;) and I am so happy with the result that I would recommend the procedure, and my doctor to anyone who was interested. 

Again, I just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone on this site who is/was brave enough to share their stories and experiences.  You have all made a difference in my life and I will never forget that.

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Yea man, this site rocks. I'm very happy that the procedure went well, and that you're happy so far. Hopefully, it just gets better from here =)

Best wishes,

Ryan.

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 I see this is  your  first and only  post

no offense, but  seems like your  post is a advertisement  for that  doctor. I find it hard to  believe  that you  have   been  reading in here for months, and never post once?, you'll never post again?
  if you  want to  thank this site, put  up some   photos of before and after or something meaningful. I find your single  post suspicious,  my guess  is it was  someone from  dr Jabs  office.   I may be wrong but I am a grassy knoll  type of guy 
I noticed you said you been here for  months reading,  yet  you only registered  yesterday

Name:     frell
Position:    Junior Member
Date Registered:    Yesterday at 06:09:55 PM
Last Active:    Today at 07:04:27 AM
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 12:05:15 PM by matthew1 »

Offline frell

I definitely didn't mean it to come off that way.  I am certainly not advertising for my doctor, but since a lot of posts mention their doc by name (I assumed, to help others in their areas who may be looking) I thought I would do the same. 

Apologies for any miscommunication, but it shouldn't be all that hard to believe that someone would want to read a site without commenting for a while, especially a site dedicated to something that isn't all that easy to talk about. 

As a side note, I had consultations with 4 doctors, and I liked them all.  My choice eventually came down to proximity to my house (as silly as it sounds).  There are a lot of really good doctor's in the D.C. area.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Glad to hear that everything went well for you...

Welcome to the 'Other Side' Dude!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline MSJ108

Glad to hear that everything went well for you...

Welcome to the 'Other Side' Dude!  ;)

GB

What he said!  ;)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Everyone here should recognize that Gynecomastia is a condition that most of us have a difficult time talking about.

Even with the anonymity afforded by the site, I'm sure that we have a lot of people visiting who never actually log in. I find nothing wrong with this. How many of us visited here several times prior to signing in?

Shyness can be totally disabling. Is there anyone here who does not know that?
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024