Author Topic: Clothes post-surgery  (Read 3253 times)

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
I will be in Florida post-surgery for three weeks. (Surgery with Jacobs in NY in June.) Thoughts on what sort of shirts go best over whatever post-surgery garment I will be wearing? T-shirt? How will a tennis shirt look? Or should I just go with baggy dress shirts and a Tee-shirt over it?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
For Florida, I would recommend a Guyabera shirt. They hang loose from the shoulder and are not tucked in.

As an alternative, a Hawaiian style shirt with a bold floral design in strong saturated colors. The design will hide almost anything.

Either style will work well to hide you either prior to surgery or afterwards and are perfectly appropriate in such a resort location.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
For Florida, I would recommend a Guyabera shirt. They hang loose from the shoulder and are not tucked in.

As an alternative, a Hawaiian style shirt with a bold floral design in strong saturated colors. The design will hide almost anything.

Either style will work well to hide you either prior to surgery or afterwards and are perfectly appropriate in such a resort location.

Thanks Paw, it sounds like my post surgery clothes won't be too different from my pre-op clothes, lol. I am wondering, though, if the compression garment underneath will be visible at the neckline and I am going to half to look like a dork and wear a T-shirt under a Hawaiian shirt or look like that's what I have on.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Thanks Paw, it sounds like my post surgery clothes won't be too different from my pre-op clothes, lol.

;D ;D ;D   I hear ya there Broh!

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The compression garment would be much more likely to show through if you were to wear a light colored shirt or something with a simple repeat pattern such as stripes or plaids. With the Guyabera, use darker colors. With the Hawaiian shirts, use a design that has strong (saturated) colors with a dark background.

Explore the possibility of a compression garment in a neutral or nude color. If the color of the garment matches (or nearly matches) your natural skin tone You could get away with almost anything as an outer shirt without show through. This concept would work even with a white dress shirt if the compression garment was a good match for the normal skin tone.

Another possibility would be a sleeveless  open or Vee neck compression garment of a neutral or nude color
under a regular tee shirt with a crew neck.

Offline Plarkin

• Bronze Member
Best brands to try these items in advance? Does Underarmour really work? Jacobs recommends them.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes, Trust your Dr.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024