Author Topic: Surgery Tuesday 5/19/09  (Read 2489 times)

Offline soillinois

• Posting Member
I have talked to few doctors and didn't really receive the feedback I was wanting.  So I had a blind consultation with Dr. Jacobs, from New York, what I've seen and heard about his work is that he is good.  Don't know I'm not really nervous about the surgery just anxious to get it over with and behind me.  I know everyone may think it was stupid not to go speak with him in person first, but I was frustrated with trying to find a good surgeon close to home.  The price difference wasn't that much considering I believe he has much more experience with a case like mine. 

I am posting before and after pics so everyone may see his work.  Please feel free to ask me any questions or leave comments.  I have done heavy research and everything trying to find a surgeon I had confidence in even though I have not met Dr. Jacobs he has been easy to contact through email and has a lot of information provided through the web.  I am having my consultation Monday the day before surgery.  I had to go ahead a give have of the operations cost, with no refund if I back out.  Pretty much I am already all in on going with Dr. Jacobs.  NO BACKING OUT!!!     Wish me the best.

I am 5'10" 180lbs.  Overweight as child, started developing gyne at age 8.  As the rest of you know summer time exercise was never a very motivating time.  But no excuses no more.  Soon to be over.

GynO_DuDe

Good luck; four days to go then? ... you'll be done & over with in no time! just remember to take it easy after the op. The mind might take a while to adjust to the fact you no longer have moobs.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
All the best to you on the 19th dude!!!  ;)

We're waiting for you on the 'Other Side'...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
Hey man, good luck. I went with Dr. Jacobs and had my surgery done last month. You'll be happy with your decision, I think. He's very well-versed in this procedure and has extensive experience with it. He'll get you to where you want to be. Just make sure you follow through with everything you need to be doing post-op.

The first couple of weeks were tough for me. I developed a hematoma on one side, felt extremely uncomfortable, didn't know if I'd be happy with the results, etc... but I really just needed to give it time. After about 4 weeks my swelling and bruising subsided almost completely. I'm still healing now at about 5 1/2 weeks and understand that I'll continue to heal for a few months. It's a process, but things are looking good. The difference between my chest now and what it was pre-op are very noticeable. Even at this stage I could go to the beach if I really wanted to and take my shirt off and I'm 100% sure no one would ever notice or think I even had surgery... nor would they think my chest was in any way abnormal. And things are only going to get better. The tissue under my nipples right now is very solid, but it's going to soften up as time goes and become more natural.

Obviously everyone's results are different and everyone heals differently. But I just wanted to give you a little bit of an idea what to expect. A LOT of things happen during the healing process and your chest is going through changes every day as it heals back up. You always have to keep that in mind. There were some days right after surgery where I felt horrified because I'd take a shower and feel like I looked exactly the same as I did pre-op except now I was sore as hell and had bruises all over my chest and felt numb in some spots. There were a couple of times when I even wondered if the surgery was worth it. But I realized that I wasn't being realistic and I wasn't giving it the time it needed to resolve itself and heal. As of right now, I'm extremely encouraged and loving the results more and more every day. The gynecomastia is finally gone from my life forever and my chest is going to be flat like I've always wanted it to be for the 10 years I suffered.

Bottom line: it's worth it.

Good luck with your op. Let us know how everything goes... and if you have post-op questions while you heal, I'll be perfectly willing to help answer them for you as someone who has just recently been through the same thing with the same PS.

Offline soillinois

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot guys.  I can't say enough to how much your support is helping me handle this situation.  I have spent a long time not liking life or myself and I am ready to put it behind me and experience life feeling like nothing is holding me back.  I am leaving Monday morning and arriving in New York around 11:00 a.m.  Then I will meet Dr. Jacobs for my consultation.  We also purchased tickets to see the Yankees that night, hopefully I will see them get beat in their new stadium.  Tuesday will be the big day.  Friday I go in for my follow up and leave that day.  Hopefully I will have post op pics posted by Saturday.

I will definitely be asking you all questions.  I am doing all of my follow ups via email.  So I will definitely need your support.

Thanks again! :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024