Author Topic: Is this swelling or glandular tissue?  (Read 2539 times)

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
Its been 5 weeks since surgery and the swelling goes away slowly but steadily.  I had lipo only but it was super aggressive.  Immediately after surgery I examined my chest and found no lumps that I COULD feel before surgery.  Everything was really flat.

However, I feel lumps under nipples NOW.  YET, when I compress them really hard - they go away entirely leaving nothing but pure flatness.

Glandular tissue does not go away with compression, right?  

Its got to be just swelling then, right???????

Also, nipples are still painful.  Way less than before, just a little bit.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
You're right, it does take time for swelling to go down. My results are better today (5 months) then they were at 1 month.

Regardless of how agressive your lipo was, most guys (and most PS's) say it's darn near impossible to remove glandular tissue with lipo. There's a PS in Texas who claims success but I've read a lot of complaints.

The fact that you could feel the lumps prior to surgery and now feel them again tells me that you probably would have better results if the PS would have excised the lumps, rather than just rely on lipo.

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
Well, I felt NOTHING after surgery.  It went like that for a few days - pure flatness.  THEN, it started to swell up.

If I put on the compression best or just compress the area - its flat again.

So, I just can't see how true breast tissue can go away.

I press on the actual swollen soft lump (they used to be hard lumps), hold it for 10 seconds and voila - its gone for the next minute or two.  

My surgery lasted 5 hours.  The doc used a huge cannula with scalpel sharp hole that was half an inch long.  He kept "sawing" the gland until it disappeared.  He wanted to do the excision afterwards but he couldn't find anything else to cut.  He asked the nurse to examine and she couldn't find anyhting but ribs...

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
sounds like sweling or scar tisue,i mean if it wasnt there after surgery then its unlikely that its gland. give it time

Offline MonarchX

• Bronze Member
Whats the difference between scarring and fluid build up?

Do both heal the same way?

Offline usernameX

• Gold Member
The scar tissue eventually softens up and the blood is absorbed by the body on its own. Ive read a few times that people actually advised NOT to get the blood drained. Instead, to just let the body to what it does best and take care of itself.
Had surgery with Dr. J.C. Fielding on August 2nd.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024