Author Topic: Finally had surgery done!  (Read 6208 times)

Offline jarman65

• Posting Member
After postponing the surgery from late may I finally had my surgery done. My case was very minor with a little bit of fat and gland right behind the nipple. Its almost as if the skin isnt as thick and is more elastic on my nipple so it protrudes out. I have very little body fat from running cross country and track since freshman year in high school (i just graduated). I can only imagine how much more enjoyable it would have been if i had gotten this done years ago. I was hoping to get it done before track season this past spring but those plans fell apart quickly when i was referred several times to different doctors. I finally settled on Doctor Grubbs in Blacksburg Virginia close to where I live.
     I was awake the entire time which was a little weird but i think he did a good job. I remember him cutting out the gland and finishing up with some lipo which is good to know. Im glad he didnt just do lipo.
     The only problem i encountered was when they fitted the compression vest it was too big even though it was a small (i think). They ended up just wrapping me in ace wraps and today they gave me a makeshift compression garment which is actually for abdominal compression. Needless to say its not comfortable at all and keeps falling down. Im gonna try to order a different model that doesnt zip up in the front as soon as i get my debit card sorted out and working. Im gonna stop by di cks sporting goods tomorrow and get a few pairs of under armor compression shirts. I know they dont compress as well but anything is better than what Im wearing now. I just need something that i can wear at work and when im out and about that isnt too thick and can be worn comfortably under my normal clothes.
     Cant wait till i can start working out again. I was doing some intense lifting the month or so after track and before surgery. Ill probally start with some light running to lose any body fat i might have gained during surgery/recovery then move onto some ab/core and light lifting.
     Ill try and keep this updated on my progress. So far Ive only had a little soreness. I havent noticed any bleeding, fluid buildup, or bruising. Ill try and get some pictures up.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 02:23:00 AM by jarman65 »

Offline mike227

• Posting Member
Thats great. Looks very good. Im plaining on having surgery in the next 2 months I finally found a surgen that I feel comfortable with. I have the same thing as you. I just have one question how much did the surgery cost you?

Offline jarman65

• Posting Member
Mine was about $2000-$2500 so not too bad. It was also covered by medicade since my dad has been unemployed being over 60 years of age and working in the sad manufacturing industry.

Offline theman234

• Posting Member
dude, your story is ridiculous. ME=YOU. literally the same EXACT situation.  just graduated, was on the track/cross country team since freshman year, and i never wanted to (never did) take my shirt off. i don't have a serious case, but it is noticible/makes my niples huge and swolen when not cold. I've been working out this summer to get in shape and to see what would happen to my chest. theres no change though.. working out wont fix it.

I've been planning on getting surgery (i went to the doc and everything) but we are still in the stages of seeing how much its going to cost (one doctor said it was going to cost 4,000!). My parents don't want me to do it because they keep saying it doesn't look that bad, plus its 4k.
- they don't understand someone of my size shouldn't have anything there. i have a fat persons upper chest!  ughhh.
Surgery Date: July 7, 2009!

Offline theman234

• Posting Member
I HATE when they say "get over it!"  they dont understand.... the thing i'm worried about is serious scarring or anything? plus, my doctor said he would have to give me anesthesia or whatever, and it could take 6 weeks to heal, and i think we have a vacation during that time.

Offline jarman65

• Posting Member
If indeed your case is exactly like mine then ask that he do it in office and with local anesthetic. Its really not that bad being awake during the procedure. The only bad part was when they injected the local anesthetic they stick the needle in there for awhile and move it around a bit inside you. The actual incision and cutting only lasted 40 minutes or so with such a minor case. I did get a little nauseous when they were injecting the anesthetic and removing the tissue but the nurse did a good job keeping me relaxed with a wet towl. You really can save a lot of money by doing it this way. The hospital and anesthesialogist fee can add up to a lot of money when its not really necessary.

Offline jarman65

• Posting Member
I dont think scarring will be that noticable since most PS make an incision in a half circle under the nipple where its not noticable with the change of skin color. Im only 3 days post op but ive already regained my range of motion without much pain at all.

Offline theman234

• Posting Member
40 minutes? wow. did you get bored? some of the stuff you said with the needle sounds pretty painful

Offline theman234

• Posting Member
ok i just talked to my parents about this. they said no way. they want me to be put under for the surgery. xD

Offline jarman65

• Posting Member
So they said no? What do you mean by "they want me to be put under for the surgery".

Offline jarman65

• Posting Member
I ordered 2 pairs of the 997 model compression garment from the Underworks. Waaaay cheaper than other sites. $100 for a vest is frickin ridiculous. Earlier this evening i made the mistake of reaching for something on top of the kitchen cabinets. When i reached up with my right arm i could feel a burning sensation behind my right nipple. That probally wasnt good. I also bought some under armor compression shirts to use at work until my Underworks vests come. Ill probally use them for running and working out after im all healed. Never in a million years would i have worn them before i had this surgery done. Before i started wearing tape over my nipples i would always tug at my shirts because i felt uncomfortable but not any more. Work should be interesting tomorrow. Ive only really left the house twice since monday. Once to get a haircut and the other time to sign a lease on my appartment with my brother for this coming school year. Anyway, enough with my rambling, im off to bed. Those lortabs really make me tired.

Offline theman234

• Posting Member
So they said no? What do you mean by "they want me to be put under for the surgery".

They said they wanted me to be drugged up with anesthesia so i wont be awake during the surgery.

Have you gotten your wisdom teeth removed? Hows the pain compared with that?

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
It seems like all went well for the TS.
Pics look pretty good!
I take it you're satisfied so far?
My surgery is planned July 8th (find the topic in the surgery preparation section). Not much fat to be removed in my case, mainly gland I guess...

Concerning wisdom teeth removal -> I remember having 3 pulled out under local anaestetic. There was no pain but the crunching and grinding sound was terrible. I could hear his tools scraping against my teeth  :o

Wish me luck guys, 12 more days...

Offline jarman65

• Posting Member
I havent had my wisdom teeth pulled yet but i had plenty of dental when i was younger and this wasnt nearly as bad. You dont really feel anything except the local anesthetic and you can feel a little bit of tugging when hes cutting. Nothing too bad. I got over it. My mom also forgot to pick up the valium thats supposed to chill you out. Ive never used that before but i imagine it would have helped.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024