Author Topic: 23 days after surgery..  (Read 2949 times)

Offline cancerian2u

• Posting Member
Hey Guys,

Its 23rd day after my surgery. I am very happy the way my chest looks now. However, i have a question. Untill how many days i will be having pain. I have seen so many people writing that they already have had started cardo after 4 weeks, started driving and all.. I still feel pain in my chest. It's a little numb, but hurts if i touch it. I feel hard at some places. Is that a blood clot? My Dr said that it's normal and that it would go away eventually. He said i need no pills/drugs further. All i have are pain killers which i seldom use when i have more pain. I don't see any improvement after week 2. Any ideas/suggestions/advises??

Thanks in advance...

Offline Henry

• Posting Member
My chest was very painful to touch for the 1st 7 days. Alot of bruising in a band 4" wide from armpit to armpit. I was prescribed paracetamol & codeine as a painkiller post op. I spoke to the doc 7 days post op, told him of the pain and he advised changing to ibuprofen. I took 1 400ml tab that night and next day, no pain. This may just be a coincidence, but i took it for 3 more nigths and any sensitivity has gone. Now 17 days post op and there are a couple of sore areas beneath my armpits, but very minor discomfort. Mainly the whole area is numb and hard scar tissue evident beneath the skin.
I think the bottom line is that everyone heals at different rates. One guy that posts here was in the same hospital, the same day as me. He reported pain for the whole of the 1st week, but he hasn't posted since, so no idea how he's getting on.

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
Hey Guys,

Its 23rd day after my surgery. I am very happy the way my chest looks now. However, i have a question. Untill how many days i will be having pain. I have seen so many people writing that they already have had started cardo after 4 weeks, started driving and all.. I still feel pain in my chest. It's a little numb, but hurts if i touch it. I feel hard at some places. Is that a blood clot? My Dr said that it's normal and that it would go away eventually. He said i need no pills/drugs further. All i have are pain killers which i seldom use when i have more pain. I don't see any improvement after week 2. Any ideas/suggestions/advises??

Thanks in advance...

4 weeks is still very early.  I waited 12 weeks before commencing weights and full blown exercise.  Don't feel pressured into getting back into it just because people on this board say you should be ok in 4 weeks or earlier.  Everyone is different so listen to your own body.
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline cancerian2u

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024