Author Topic: Heartless bullying needs to stop!  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
Does it really matter where someone left to?
Does it effect anyone in the least?
Someone else's business is just that, "someone else's". 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Busty

I am just glad to hear Birdy is alive, as I know he had some significant health issues 

Offline Justagirl💃

I am just glad to hear Birdy is alive, as I know he had some significant health issues
Check your PM's

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
There is a whole swathe of humanity, I use the term lightly, that use the internet solely to fill a chaotic and narcissistic need to make themselves better by ****ing with everyone else. I don't fall for their traps as much as try to spring them back onto them; I'm a born debater and someone that A) freely interrogates their own ideals against others for a more refined truth and B) someone that wants others to be better by going through that process themselves. Naturally, this backfires when the person doesn't actually have an ideal and are just there to stir the pot. However, I continue to do engage with people from limited view points (mostly on forums, because people aren't nearly as bold on the street) and maybe done some good in doing so.

It causes friction because I do so openly. Going to PM isolates the conversation and makes it easy on them to continue to be an ass, because it's just me and they feel like they've targeted a victim they can stir up. Interrogating their "opinions" out in the open puts them on the spot enough to chill them out or, if they continue to simply troll, for people to see their tripe and ignore them going forward. When or if there is no rational conversation, I'm done with them.

That all said, I'm sorry people felt the need to leave for their treatment and shame on the instigators who gained nothing but a trickle of endorphins in their sickly grey matter for causing it.

Offline Justagirl💃

Some of us don't do ridicule very good. We have dealt with it since puberty. It's quite distressing for us. 🤔

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
Some of us don't do ridicule very good. We have dealt with it since puberty. It's quite distressing for us. 🤔
Completely and utterly fair. I was the fat kid with breasts through High School, where the girls sniggered at me openly and the boys twisted my nipples in front of their friends. Perhaps that was the crucible that put me where I am now or...perhaps losing some weight and being more "normal" through much of my adult years has blunted the trauma and given me space to distance myself from it. My story doesn't rob anyone of their truths. How we deal with adversity is the key to overcoming it and giving power to those that care little or less about us, especially on an Internet forum, is self defeating. There is no right way to deal with harassment. The harassers are to blame for their own ignorance and their own actions, but we all pay the price. The price is internal and as soon as we learn that it's an internal cost and not an external one perhaps we can learn to write it off. We shouldn't internalize the pain some random asshat with a keyboard attempts to inflict! We can either ignore them, educate them, or retreat. Each of us are at different points in our stories and none of the choices is wrong, but know that the latter robs us of those that would retreat and them of us that wish them to stay.

Offline Busty

HeldUp, you said that so well. Thank you 

Offline Findingmyself

• Posting Member
I had left this forum a while ago as I don't really agree with the direction it seemed to be going as I come from a very conservative family and am very conservative myself. It just all felt weird to me. But in the few months I've been gone, I've missed this forum. So I created another account but its mainly just for snooping around lol. I've always felt that if I'm somewhere that I'm not comfortable or in agreement with whats going on, its just easier for me to leave instead of stirring a pot

Offline Justagirl💃

I had left this forum a while ago as I don't really agree with the direction it seemed to be going as I come from a very conservative family and am very conservative myself. It just all felt weird to me. But in the few months I've been gone, I've missed this forum. So I created another account but its mainly just for snooping around lol. I've always felt that if I'm somewhere that I'm not comfortable or in agreement with whats going on, its just easier for me to leave instead of stirring a pot
Well, welcome back. 

None of us agree with "everything" that is posted by others, but we just ignore what we believe doesn't pertain to us and absorb the information that does. 
There is so much good information to be had here when it comes to dealing with the physical and emotional things that can be encountered. 

Again, welcome back!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024