Author Topic: Having surgery soon, what to tell people  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Gamble87

Hi everyone, I'm having the surgery in a couple of weeks, the problem now is that I have to come up with an explanation for why I won't be able to play in my volleyball team for a few/couple of weeks. Telling them the truth is too hard, I guess I'm not close enough with them yet to trust them to be good about it. Has anyone got ideas or been in a similar situation? Thanks

Offline Shot3

• Posting Member
Hi

I would probably say that your getting surgery for something else like a birth mark or a begigne tumor on your chest or something like that...
Thats what I said when I had my liposuscion, tell them you need a long break to recover, they will understand I'm shure
Good luck with your surgery, I can't wait to have mine, liposuscion wasn't successful for me, am going under the knife in March next year
Tchao dude

Offline itsgoingdown

• Posting Member
I dont even see why you should explain. If your willing to explain just say I have pain in the knees or like I'm going to visit "someone" in "some" state or country.

Offline emjay

• Posting Member
You could always go with the "pulled a chest muscle" excuse.

Is this an official school team or just a recreational one?

Offline Gamble87

Thanks for your suggestions. It's a recreational thing, but we do other stuff together so I see them a lot. I'll probably go with getting a cyst or something removed from my chest.

Offline macho

• Bronze Member
i am also getting operated in coming January. but i have decided to put my mobile phone off line after telling my friends that i am going out of station for few days. why don't you do the same?
   i am also missing the one day picnic with my school friends(its like a get together).they will feel very bad when i will give this excuse.

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
I would dissapear like gamble said for a few days, maybe a week, then just tell your team mates that you tweaked your back or something unloading groceries, you went to the dr, and you cant play for a few weeks.  It would also give a great explination as to your compression vest if you have to wear one.  Use Web MD and find something (non major) that would requre you a few weeks of rest and avoidence of activity while assuring a full recovery.  Dont tell them you shatterd a vertibre or something b/c I'm guessing people would be a little more concerned with you condition at that point.  If you see somone in public tell them your back is doing good and you should be good to play in a few weeks, you can also explain how they gave you a vest that help with the pain and corrects your posture.  You can play that out as long as you want, saying perhaps that your doctor said you are all good, but you just want to give it another week to make sure etc.

Offline adam_f

• Posting Member
Just say that your going into hospital. Nothing serious but it personal. If there nice people they wont probe! if there arses they will. Although if they are true friends explain what you have been living with!

COME ON PEOPLE EMBRACE YOUR MOOBS!!!!

there is far too little knowledge of the problem out there and more people will have it than you think but dont think anything of it, probably cause its not that bad.

I lost my rag however talking to someone about it who decided to take the piss and nearly floored the
^&*$

adam_f

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024