Author Topic: I need a surgeon to reply to this (I beg you)  (Read 5752 times)

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
THis is something I have been meaning to ask for the past 2 months but I keep forgetting, if a surgeon can reply to this that would be amazing, or anyone who has been through surgery or knows gyne surgery very well. WEll here is the question, in my case of gyne, most of my fat or gland is located around the nipple. I have very low fat on the top of my chest but the fat kind of sits around the nipples and causes the boob shape. I am sure you know what I mean, most of the cases are like that. WEll I have 2 pictures here of a male chest. My question is the following

When gynecomastia surgery is perform does the surgeon lipo out the top of the chest fat as well or only the fat that hangs around the nipple area. So in this picture below I circled the whole chest in red, and I want to know if this whole area in red is lipo'd as well as the sides that sometimes have fat, by sides I mean the part of the chest that is connected to the armpits.
http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic2kw3.jpg

Here in the second picture is the area were the gyne hangs around in my case, or is this the only area that gets sucked out and the top is left? Or Picture one is the way its done.
http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic1kp6.jpg

Please someone reply to this, I really want to know this. Also if surgeons dont do the whole chest then can you pay for them to lipo out the top as well, since it would be stupid if all the fat is removed from the bottom but some fat is left on top.
Thank you for reading.

Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
Most surgeons will "blend" the whole chest area to even out any imperfections.  If you look at many post-op pics that were taken right after surgery you can see bruising that goes almost all the way up to the collar bone.

Offline MSJ108

Not a surgeon and not exactly sure on your question. If I understand it right, I would have to agree with Twin Peaks.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Most surgeons will "blend" the whole chest area to even out any imperfections.  If you look at many post-op pics that were taken right after surgery you can see bruising that goes almost all the way up to the collar bone.

Cool, thats a good thing.... thanks a lot.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I always lipo first -- across most of the chest and extending into areas that do not seem to have excess tissue.  This process is called "feathering" and it provides for a smooth and uniform pinch of skin and fat, extending from the collar bone down to the lower rib cage below the breasts.  If my aggressive lipo is not successful in removing gland beneath the nipple, then I will perform an incision around the edge of the nipple which allows me to complete the operation and provide and smooth, uniform chest contour.

Most surgeons are aware of the need for feathering.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
I always lipo first -- across most of the chest and extending into areas that do not seem to have excess tissue.  This process is called "feathering" and it provides for a smooth and uniform pinch of skin and fat, extending from the collar bone down to the lower rib cage below the breasts.  If my aggressive lipo is not successful in removing gland beneath the nipple, then I will perform an incision around the edge of the nipple which allows me to complete the operation and provide and smooth, uniform chest contour.

Most surgeons are aware of the need for feathering.

Dr Jacobs

Thank you Dr. Jacobs, I really appreciate your reply.
Also I will be scheduling a consultation at your office pretty soon, cant wait :D

Offline MSJ108

Dr. Jacobs knows his sh*t! One of the most reputable surgeons in the NY area.

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member

Yeap, thats why I choose him...I saved this money for so long... I cant freaking wait.... Only like 4 months left...hope they fly by as fast as this last one did...

Offline MSJ108

Yeap, thats why I choose him...I saved this money for so long... I cant freaking wait.... Only like 4 months left...hope they fly by as fast as this last one did...

Good luck dude

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member

Good luck dude

thank you sir :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024