Author Topic: surgery...how often does it really work?  (Read 3338 times)

Offline damian03

I am new to this site and I am worried if i have gyne.  I am thinking about surgery, but I was hoping somebody had statistics on success rates.  I want to do it but I would hate to be dissappointed.  Any idea???

anonymous1

Shit, all depends on the doc, I'd definitely rate mine a 10/10 on success so far, but I chose a doc that has done literally hundreds of cases.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Depends on what you mean by "success rate". I asked my PS and he said that less than 1% of his patients had to return for touch-ups.

Offline damian03

i guess i am really just wondering if what most people hope to happen after surgery happens or if that is wishful thinking....reading a few comments from people who have had the procedure said that they felt like they still have the same problem. 
do all men have glands?--men with "active" glands are those who develop gyne?  because when i feel mine, i can feel a "disc like" thing under my nipples...???:-\

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
The disc is the gland. You need to get that taken out if you want to get rid of the puffiness, if that's in fact what you have.  If you go with an experience surgeon (one who specializes in gyne operations), you are very likely to get a really good result.  If you go with a surgeon with little experience, than your chances are much higher you will be disappointed.  I think lots of people underestimate the difficulty of getting this surgery just right, particularly since you are probably obsessed with your chest at this point and probably won't want to settle for anything less than perfection.  Do some research here, talk to some people who have had the operation, interview some surgeons and be prepared to pay whatever it takes when you finally find someone you are comfortable with.  That and getting in shape before the surgery will pretty much ensure that you will be satisfied with the results. 

As for the nipples, I'm sure all men have some sort of gland under there but for most men it's so underdeveloped that you probably can't feel it or if you can feel something, it's so minor that it doesn't cause much of a protrusion.  Because I've had puffy nipples most of life, I've paid a lot of attention to this over the years.  Some guys have perfectly flat areolas and virtually no nipple while others have areolas and nipples that definitely come off the chest a little bit.  I think it's only a problem when they are puffy beyond a certain threshold, so it's really more of a sliding scale.  For the most part, the folks here have symptoms that clearly set as apart from what is considered the range or "normal" and so here we are. 

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
True, some people have lipo only whereas they should also have some gland removed. The key here is selecting a good PS. Make sure they have vast GRS experience.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I am new to this site and I am worried if i have gyne.  I am thinking about surgery, but I was hoping somebody had statistics on success rates.  I want to do it but I would hate to be dissappointed.  Any idea???

I highly doubt that anyone has any 'stats' on G surgery success rate. However, IMO, the success rate is probably in the high 90 percentile range. For the highly skilled G surgeon such as Dr. Bermant, Dr. Jacobs (USA) and Dr. Fielding or Dr. Lista (Canada), I'm sure their success rate is bordering the 100 percentile.

i guess i am really just wondering if what most people hope to happen after surgery happens or if that is wishful thinking....reading a few comments from people who have had the procedure said that they felt like they still have the same problem.

No, it's not just 'wishful thinking' my man... If you have 'Realistic Expectations', then you'll be happy with the results.

The reason why there are many posts regarding G returning is that right after surgery, the chest looks very flat and the post-op patient is elated. However, when swelling sets in, the patient 'thinks', and gets very paranoid that the G has returned. This isn't the case though. Once the swelling dissipates, the post-opper has a chest that is very close, if not identical to what it looked like those first few days after surgery.

do all men have glands?--men with "active" glands are those who develop gyne?  because when i feel mine, i can feel a "disc like" thing under my nipples...???:-\

Females and Males have the same basic chest plumbing at birth. During puberty, when hormones are 'raging' and out of balance, the male can develop G. Some will have it dissipate within a few months, while the unfortunate few, will not. For the most part, the reason 'why' is not known (Idiopathic).

From what I have read, the 'disc like' mass you feel, is indeed the gland.

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024