Author Topic: Endo blood work questions  (Read 2131 times)

Offline nicktheory

• Posting Member
Ok, I'm a bit puzzled. (Background: White Male, 50, gyne since age 12 along with some other slight feminizing characteristics.) Here are my labs:

No problems:

1. Total T - 474 with 241-827 ng/dl the reference range.
2. Free T - 113 with 34-194 pg/ml the range
3. Free and weakly bound T - 238 with 84-402 ng/dl the range.
4. SHBG - 29 with 7-50 NMOL/L the range

Hmmmm:

1. T3 reverse - 0.22 with 0.19-0.46 the range
2. High-sensitivity estradoil - 13 with 10-50 the range

Overall, the doc says there is nothing wrong (out of range) with my labs (except for high cholesterol). He is also a very aggressive HRT propnent.

Questions:
1. Does this really my my gyne is ideopathic?
2. What is a T3 reverse and what does it mean? It's called non-approved by FDA on the sheet.
3. I am a hair away from being out of range for low estrogen. I just had a bone density scan -- just in case. Is concern warrented for borderline low estrogen? Beside the bone stuff what other things can I worry myself about this holiday season?
4. Doesn't gyne and low estrogen/normal testosterone sound, intuitive at least, odd?

Thanks in advance.

Offline nicktheory

• Posting Member
Sorry for the typos in the first post.

Here it is again:

Ok, I'm a bit puzzled. (Background: White Male, 50, gyne since age 12 along with some other slight feminizing characteristics.) Here are my labs:  

No problems:

1. Total T - 474 with 241-827 ng/dl the reference range.
2. Free T - 113 with 34-194 pg/ml the range
3. Free and weakly bound T - 238 with 84-402 ng/dl the range.
4. SHBG - 29 with 7-50 NMOL/L the range

Hmmmm:

1. T3 reverse - 0.22 with 0.19-0.46 the range
2. High-sensitivity estradoil - 13 with 10-50 the range

Overall, the doc says there is nothing wrong (out of range) with my labs (except for high cholesterol). NB: He is a very aggressive HRT proponent, so these ranges are reasonable, I believe. (If my total was below 400 he would have considered treatment, he said.)

Questions:

1. Does this really mean my gyne is ideopathic?
2. What is a T3 reverse and what does it mean? It's called non-approved by FDA on the sheet.
3. I am a hair away from being out of range for low estrogen. I just had a bone density scan -- just in case. Is concern warrented for borderline low estrogen? Beside the bone stuff what other things can I worry about this holiday season?
4. Doesn't gyne and low estrogen/normal testosterone sound, intuitive at least, odd?

Thanks in advance.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024