Author Topic: realistic expectations  (Read 4622 times)

Offline fresh_start

• Posting Member
  Hi

This is my first post here.  I've been reading these boards for a few months and they've been incredibly helpful to me.  Thank god that this site exists.

Anyway, I have a question for those of you that have already been through surgery.  I was wondering what sort of prediction your doctor gave you during the consoltation and if your results matched that expectation, exceeded it or fell below.  I wonder if doctors generally are cautious when predicting outcomes so as not to leave the patient disappointed afterwards.  Did your doctors predict a safe outcome when they knew you may be even more pleased with the final result? 

I am so excited to get this surgery but am still in the process of picking a surgeon. 

Offline gyneman

• Gold Member
Actually, I did discuss the outcome with my surgeon. I told him exactly was I was looking for in a result. He said , this is not a problem. After the operation, I was so excited and pleased with the result; however, still had the steristrips on. I was mostly concerned of how my nipples would look. About a week or 2 later, the steristrips came off. They were flat and I was happy. Here I am 7 mths later and puffed nipple again. Needless to say, I am very upset about this. Thinking I was going to get rid of this forever, it was just a waste of money in my opinion. If you saw me, you would say I looked fine but as soon as I relax sitting down, the puffers start bothering me again. My nipples puff out; however, when I am standing they are flat. I think the PS took out to much gland and did too much lipo. Seems like I have loose skin. Before the operation, I didn't have the loose skin. Yes, I cant lie, it does look better than before, but the results did not meet my expectations. My DR. begs to differ. He thinks it looks great. He said of course when you lean over it's going to look alot worse. I said I would like to just relax for once. My neck is killing me from hunching over all the time to try and cover the gyno. I hope you have better luck than me. As far as I 'm concerned, if you can get 50% improvement or better, I guess thats all you can hope for. Nobody is perfect, and honestly unless you have a severe case of it, women don't usually comment about it. I have tons of girlfriends, since I'm recently divorced, hahahaha, and they said my chest is ripped. They have no idea what kind of mushy chest I have. Women are clueless about gyne!! If you want to have the surgery , you need to have it for yourself not anyone else. Those are my thoughts

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
I talked to my doctor about the outcome and it is turning out much like he said it would.  I have the scars like I said would and the chest that he told me I would.  So as far as it meeting expectations, so far so good.  Is it a perfect chest?  No, but good enough for me.

Offline fresh_start

• Posting Member
 Hey guys thanks for taking the time to respond.

Clearsky, did you end up going under the knife with that doctor and if so how were the results?

mtheory

I was given a lot of optimistic talk...and was quite optimistic as a result.

I'm a few days out of surgery and am immensly disappointed so far. Went from having a full chest with a little overhand to a saggy old lady chest with a little overhang. Its pretty repulsive. I already regret going under.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024