Author Topic: My surgery scheduled with Dr. Jacobs NYC with pics  (Read 3758 times)

Offline rpn515

Hey guys,

I just wanted to get on this forum and share my surgical experience with all of you guys debating getting surgery or not. From the beginning consultation, to surgery, and through to the healing process. I had my consultation with Dr. Jacobs a few weeks ago and I have scheduled my gyne surgery for the morning of May 16th. I have finally had enough and I'm going for it.

The consultation went well and Dr. Jacobs explained exactly what the surgical procedure would entail, in graphic detail, so as to fully explain what was to be done, and what to expect post-op as a result of each method of glandular and fat extraction. He wanted to make me feel comfortable with the procedure, while also being very informative about the whole process. He then explained to me what I should expect post-op in great detail, as well as to explain how I should wear the appropriate compression garments post-op.

I am nervous about this whole thing, but I am so excited to finally get rid of these huge breasts that have plagued my whole childhood, teenage, and a young adult years. I want to enjoy the summers again! Is that too much to ask? I want to wear a t-shirt, and go to the beach, and feel good in my own skin. I want to walk with a stride, tall and proud. I'm hoping for the best, and I'm going to share with you guys my experience with this whole ordeal. Beginning to end.

Below are some recent photos of me and my breasts. WISH ME LUCK, GUYS.

hammer

I wish you all the best! You will do well, as you have a good doctor, but be sure to do your part and follow the post-op instructions to the letter and be patient! Healing takes time, sometimes it take longer for some then others!

Once again, good luck and God bless!

Bob

Offline TheTimeIsNigh

• Posting Member
Best of luck.. I just had surgery a few days back w/ Dr. Jacobs.. While it's really too early to tell, i'm very optimistic about the final result. My situation wasn't as bad, but this was a 2nd revision for me.... My first surgeries were done by a general surgeon when I was younger.. I've been in a real good mood the past couple of days.. less than 10 days now man.. good luck!

Offline rpn515

Hey guys,

I had my surgery yesterday and I'm resting up at home. Surgery went well and I woke up in the recovery room with no pain and minimal discomfort from the binder. Dr. Jacobs assured me that I was now completely flat chested and that all of the gyno breast tissue was removed. My case was such that most of the tissue was hard breast tissue with minimal fat. I rested in the recovery room for another hour or two and received another whole bag of IV fluids.  Felt VERY parched and wasn't supposed to drink water right away so I wouldn't vomit it up. Woke up with no nausea though.

The bumpy ride home proved to be pretty uncomfortable but I got home rather quickly and immediately started a marathon viewing of Arrested Development. I'm trying to watch all of the old seasons before the new season comes out on May 24th. Seems like the perfect time to catch up! I took a tylenol 3 as soon as I arrived home and made it through an episode and promptly passed out during the second one. I slept for about 4 hours and woke up feeling much more sore than before. Painkillers help considerably but do not totally take away the discomfort. Took it easy, walked around the house a bit, planning on taking it easy the second day as well.

It is most definitely sore this morning and sleeping last night was rough as I usually sleep on my stomach. There is a lot of wooshing and gurgling sounds coming from my chest, which I am assuming is either leftover fluid being absorbed into my body, or fluid building up under the skin. I was prescribed Tylenol 3 to help with the pain but I am on to regular tylenol today. I'll keep y'all posted as to any updates. WISH ME LUCK.

Offline HopeExceedesMe

You have no idea how happy I am for you. Suffering from this same tragical condition, I know what it feels like, my breast looks like yours, pre-op. I just feel good that you got the burden of your chest (Totally pun intended) and that you can carry on with your life now! BEST OF LUCK!!!

Offline Keep_It_Moving

• Silver Member
Hey guys,

I had my surgery yesterday and I'm resting up at home. Surgery went well and I woke up in the recovery room with no pain and minimal discomfort from the binder. Dr. Jacobs assured me that I was now completely flat chested and that all of the gyno breast tissue was removed. My case was such that most of the tissue was hard breast tissue with minimal fat. I rested in the recovery room for another hour or two and received another whole bag of IV fluids.  Felt VERY parched and wasn't supposed to drink water right away so I wouldn't vomit it up. Woke up with no nausea though.

The bumpy ride home proved to be pretty uncomfortable but I got home rather quickly and immediately started a marathon viewing of Arrested Development. I'm trying to watch all of the old seasons before the new season comes out on May 24th. Seems like the perfect time to catch up! I took a tylenol 3 as soon as I arrived home and made it through an episode and promptly passed out during the second one. I slept for about 4 hours and woke up feeling much more sore than before. Painkillers help considerably but do not totally take away the discomfort. Took it easy, walked around the house a bit, planning on taking it easy the second day as well.

It is most definitely sore this morning and sleeping last night was rough as I usually sleep on my stomach. There is a lot of wooshing and gurgling sounds coming from my chest, which I am assuming is either leftover fluid being absorbed into my body, or fluid building up under the skin. I was prescribed Tylenol 3 to help with the pain but I am on to regular tylenol today. I'll keep y'all posted as to any updates. WISH ME LUCK.

Give us an update man, how's it going?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024